Chapter 29

3rd Person

Issei: How far is it? I really can't take it anymore!

An exhausted Issei wails. The ORC has already left Kuoh and is now walking the rest of the way to Rias' family's mansion in an uninhabited mountain.

As a first phase of the training, Rias has decided that instead of teleportating, they will walk to the mansion. With the intention of training everyone's stamina a bit, Issei's in particular.

Asia, who is walking in front together with Rias and Akeno, looks behind her at Issei with some concern.

Asia: Buchou, shouldn't we slow down a little? Issei doesn't seem to be able to keep up with us and he also has to carry a lot of luggage.

Asks Asia her king to make it a little easier for Issei.

Rias turns her head to Asia, who is walking next to her, and gives her answer which ends up to Issei's disadvantage.

Rias: No, Asia. If Issei can't handle that, he won't get stronger.

As Rias turns her head again to look straight ahead, the reflection of the sunlight from Rias' new necklace shines in Asia's eyes.

Asia first saw this necklace when Rias came back into the club room after talking with Peter. Before that, Rias didn't have the necklace, so she concludes that Peter gave her the necklace.

Unnoticed, a cute pout forms on Asia's face. For some reason she doesn't like the feeling she has when she thinks about Peter giving Rias a necklace. She doesn't know why she feels that way.

Issei: *Pant* *Pant*... I need a break.

Says Issei, who stops in the middle of the way to take a deep breath, resting his hands on his knees.

Koneko: Out of the way pervert.

Koneko pushes Issei aside and walks past him.

Issei's mouth hits the ground as he sees what she's carrying on her back.

Kiba: You should hurry Issei...

Kiba, who is carrying a similarly heavily loaded backpack like Issei, also walks past Issei.

Kiba: ...You don't want to stay behind, do you?

Issei slumps down and continues walking as the last in the row. Luckily for him, it's not far anymore.

When he finally catches up with the others at the top of the mountain where their residence for the next ten days is, he and Asia stare at the mansion with their mouths open in astonishment.