5

: the only reason why I haven't updated is because school started and I have no idea what to write- also, I'm sleepy half the time lmao :

As soon as supper was over, Sasuke told Naruto to meet him at the garden at midnight. No idea why, but the blonde did as he was told.

Naruto put on his boots before rushing out of his room quietly.

He scurried down the halls and ran into someone unexpectedly.

A slight squeak came out of Naruto's mouth before he looked up and squinted to see who it was. Though it was too dark to tell.

"oh, hello, Naruto. What are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

Naruto recognized the voice as Itachi's. "I uh- was just- ... uh, bathroom?-"

Itachi chuckled and helped naruto up. "Do not lie, I can tell whether you're lying or not"

Naruto thought for a moment and sighed "ok, well. Sasuke told me to meet him at the gardens at midnight, so, here I am."

"I see. Now what business do you have with my brother, I may ask?"

"I myself don't even know what he wants.." naruto said truthfully

Itachi nodded "so, are you two getting along?"

Naruto nodded "yeah, we are. We talk a lot. Hang out. Sorta. we're close now"

Itachi had a small smile before asking "You would still talk to him even after he tried to kiss you?"

Naruto froze and stared wide eyed at Itachi "h-how did you know about that?!"

"Keep it down. And my little brother tells me everything."

Naruto's cheeks heated up before he sighed heavily "I don't see why I wouldn't want to talk to him. It wasn't actually a kiss. Just an attempted one."

"I would've assumed that you would've been too shy or flustered to speak to him. Like most would."

Naruto huffed "I for one am not a shy weakly lowlife to be afraid to speak to such as said Sasuke Uchiha."

Itachi chuckled and patted Naruto's head as if he were a child. "I believe you, young Uzumaki"

Naruto stared at Itachi, completely fine with the head pats. As if it were normal for him.

"Alright, well, you should be on your way to meet with Sasuke. So I'll see you in the morning" Itachi said.

Naruto nodded and quietly ran off.

- - - -

The blonde was out of breath and his lungs hurt by the time he finally arrived at the garden.

He collapsed onto floor, trying to catch his breath before he saw a figure walking towards him.

"So you're finally here. I'm glad you came."

Naruto looked up and saw Sasuke standing in front of him.

"Uh, yeah..." Naruto laughed awkwardly.

Sasuke helped naruto up, who was still out of breath.

"So, I needed to speak with you." Sasuke began

Naruto tilted his head "about what?"

"Well... we've known each other for about two and a half weeks now. And your birthday is coming up tomorrow. But, I decided to give this to you now."

Naruto was confused before Sasuke pulled out a box from his pocket. He opened it and revealed a necklace with the Uchiha symbol in the middle.

"I know you're not an Uchiha, but I still wanted to give this to you. It's a necklace that you give to the one you love, romantically. It's what my family does."

Naruto's eyes widened and he stared at the necklace. "I-" was the only thing he could say.

"May I put it on you?" The raven asked

Naruto slowly nodded as Sasuke tied the necklace onto Naruto's neck. The Uchiha symbol hanged proudly and rested on Naruto's collarbone.

"So... do you like it?" Sasuke asked, a little worried that naruto was silent.

"... yes... it's very beautiful." Naruto said smiling warmly.

Sasuke kept his gaze directly on Naruto's blue eyes that glistened in the moonlight.

The only thing he thought of doing at the moment, was hugging Naruto. So he did just that.

Naruto hugged the Uchiha back.

Sasuke then stared down at Naruto who was a head shorter then him.

Naruto simply smiled at him and rested his head on Sasuke's chest.