8

Naruto quietly whimpered as he tried to get ahold of himself.

The brown haired girl continued to slowly back away until Sasuke forcefully grabbed her by the wrist "Don't you ever fucking touch or hurt him ever again. You made the wrong decision to do that, especially in front of me." Sasuke glared at the girl who paled.

"I-" before she could say anything, the raven grabbed her by the throat and threw her across into a cart full of apples.

She grunted in pain as blood trickled down her forehead and she has cuts along her arms from the wood on the cart.

Villagers backed away from the angered Uchiha who gently helped up Naruto who was still trembling and wide eyed as tears ran down his cheeks.

"Hey, you ok?" Sasuke asked, his voice more quiet and calm.

The blonde said nothing because he was too shocked to speak.

The villagers tried to pretend the intense event didn't happen and went on with their normal lives.

Sasuke hugged Naruto tightly who sobbed quietly "I told you, many people hate me..." he said quietly

"I know... but that's not a hundred percent true, Naruto. Believe me." Sasuke said softly.

"Let's go find something to eat to calm you down." The raven suggested as he began to carry Naruto in his arms.

Naruto slowly nodded and held onto Sasuke's shirt tightly.

- - -
Since it was October, it started to get really chilly later in the afternoon.

Sasuke and Naruto ate candy apples as they sat on a bench.

"You feeling a little bit better now?" Sasuke asked

Naruto nodded as he took a bite of his candy apple. "My cheek still hurts, but I'm fine."

Sasuke sat Naruto on his lap and held him close "that won't ever happen again, not on my watch."

Naruto smiled and rested his head on Sasuke's shoulder.

Once they finished eating, Naruto began to fall asleep.

They did look around at the shops, but nothing interested Naruto.

Sasuke nudged Naruto, trying to keep him awake "hey, there's one more shop we can check out.
come on."

Naruto grunted as he stood up, wobbling.

Sasuke put his arm around Naruto's waist to keep him from falling and walked to a small shop.

A little bell on top of the door rang as the two walked in.

Naruto glanced around, until one thing caught his eyes- a stuffed animal that is supposedly a fox.

He saw the same one when he was younger, but he couldn't get it because otherwise the villagers would immediately kick him out since they don't allow 'fox demons'. Naruto was heartbroken and always wished he could get it ever since. And now, it was there again...

Sasuke was looking around until he noticed Naruto staring at the stuffed animal. "Do you want that?"

Naruto nodded, not keeping his eyes off.

Sasuke sighed "go on, go ahead and grab it."

Naruto quickly made his way towards the stuff animal, but a child beat him to it.

"Daddy I want this on-" the child stopped and looked up at Naruto who was staring at the child.

"oh. it's the prince." the child said, staring at the blonde.

A older male came up to them "oh is this the one you wanted-" he then noticed Naruto and scoffed "shouldn't you be in your kingdom right now and not buying stuff that not many can afford?"

Naruto bit the inside of his cheek and sighed "Just because my family has a lot of money, doesn't mean we're greedy. And I don't see why I can't go around and find stuff in the village."

"You're royalty. You're just another greedy brat who wants everything and gets everything just by whining." The man said.

"That's not true-"

"Daddy, I think the prince wants this fox stuffy." The child said staring at her father.

The man looked at his daughter and smiled "sweetie, the prince can get his own better quality one. He's not a child either. So he doesn't need one. Now come on."

The girl frowned as she looked at the fox stuffed animal, and then back at Naruto "But I don't really want this one. There's also a teddy bear!"

The man shook his head "we can get this one. The greedy little prince can get his own that's better."

The man's then took his daughters hand and began to walk away.

Naruto felt heartbroken and just stood there, frowning. "But... I really wanted that." He then sighed.

Sasuke saw the whole thing and walked to Naruto "you want me to beat him up?"

Naruto wiped away tears that were forming in his eyes and shook his head "No... his daughter probably really wants it. Besides. I'm just a greedy brat and I can get a better one."

Sasuke sighed "don't listen to him. You're a caring and kind hearted person."

Naruto just nodded sadly. He remembered his grandmother made one similar to the one at the store. Naruto had loved it as a child but a savage dog had teared it apart and all the hard work his grandmother put into it had been a waste.

I know it sounds like a greedy thing that Naruto just wanted it for himself, but he doesn't. He would pass it down to his future children so they could have it.

he's fine with the little girl having it. It's just how the father kept protesting his daughter to keep it so Naruto couldn't. Which was upsetting because the girl decided that it wasn't really important for her to have it.

"Let's just go... there's no point in wasting our time here." Naruto said quietly.

Sasuke frowned and nodded.

As the little girl watched the prince's sad expression, she frowned. "I don't want the prince to be sad... I want him to be happy."

After her father bought the stuffed animal, the young girl quickly grabbed it and ran to Naruto and Sasuke.

She tugged on Naruto's dress and he glanced at her.
"Here! You can have him, mister. He tells me he belongs to you more. And I have a lot more stuffy's at home" she smiled

Naruto softly smiled "thank you..." he gently grabbed the fox and gave the little girl a hug and a kiss on the forehead. "I wish you well."

The girl's smile widened and she hugged the blonde tightly. "My name Yumi, sir!" She then ran off to her father who watched, confused.

The girl waved at Naruto who began to walk back to the castle with Sasuke.

"What a sweet kid." Sasuke said holding Naruto's hand.

"Mhm. Her father isn't so sweet though..."

Sasuke chuckled and kissed Naruto on the lips gently.