𐌁𐌋𐌄𐌔𐌔𐌄𐌃 & 𐌀𐌂𐌂𐌵𐌓𐌔𐌄𐌃: 𐌔𐌵𐌌𐌌𐌄𐌓 𐌍𐌉Ᏽ𐋅𐌕𐌌𐌀𐌓𐌄

CHAPTER SUMMARY

When someone extend a hand in times of need, does that make them 'good'? And if someone ignore someone's cry of help, does that make them 'evil'?

but what if in times of need, it's the devil who reach out his hand?

━━━━━━━━━━

                "Estelle!" Estelle flinch, jolting back to reality upon hearing her name being called. Dali dali siyang napatingin sa pinanggalingan ng boses at napangiti ng makita kung sino ito.

"Archangel Selah," she greeted kindly, smiling sweetly at the Archangel before her while all Selah did is make a face at her.

"geh, I told you to just call me Selah, Estelle!" Saad nito at tinabihan siya sa pagkakaupo sa damuhan. Kagaya niya, sumandal din ang anghel sa malaking puno.

"Sorry, hindi lang ako sanay, Selah . . . " Sagot ni Estelle at sumadal ulit sa puno. Tahimik lang na natawa ang anghel sa tabi niya. Dumaan ang ilang minuto bago nagsalita ulit ang anghel.

"So, how's the human you're looking after this time around?" At this question, Estelle couldn't help but flinch. Lying had never been one of their nature and she was certain Selah caught on to her reaction. "And pray tell why one of the emissaries of hell is here?" — she gulped.

"You're quite sharp, aren't you?" Estelle decided to just look away and avoid the look the Archangel is sending her as a guy with dark wings and horns emerge behind the tree.

"I'm an Archangel for a reason, Kion." The angel retorted. Estelle could almost hear the zapping intensity between the staring contest they are holding.

There's a train of silence that flew by before the Archangel sighed loudly. "Alam mo ikaw Estelle! Mapapahamak ka talaga dahil sa pinaggagawa mo." Iling ni Selah dahilan na agad mapatingin si Estelle sa kanya.

"This is the Sacred Garden, Selah. Every emissary is free to exit and enter." It was Kion who decided to answer instead but all the Archangel did is raise a brow.

"I'm not talking about Estelle, a Stellar, hanging out with a Dark Emissary like you, Kion. I'm talking about the human she's assigned this time." Tahimik na napakagat sa kanyang labi si Estelle at piniling ituon na lamang ang kanyang atensyon sa bulaklak na nasa kanyang harapan.

Selah, an Archangel and Kion, a Dark Emissary weren't even suppose to know anything about Estelle's duties as a Stellar but this time around, it was quite inevitable.

As a Stellar, it is Estelle's duty to grant humans their final 'wish' before their death but — but what if that human asked not to die?

Estelle never looked after a mortal with such a strong desire to live. It's so strong that all her other wish, ( A Stellar like Estelle would call it a wish but every emissary knew it's nothing but a desire. A common trait every mortal possess. ) paled in comparison — but what can she do? What can Estelle do when she's just a Stellar? The matters of life and miracles doesn't fall within her abilities — but it's a different story for Archangels and Demon Lords. One of the reason why she ended up telling Selah and Kion about it. But will it make a difference? It wouldn't. Selah is an Archangel of Justice, she have enough divinity to cast miracles and heal someone but not enough to keep someone alive and Kion is a Dark Emissary, his abilities doesn't even fall somewhere near saving. And even if they could — they could never tamper with a mortal's destiny.

Every mortal have a destiny laid out for them and not even the Monarchs could do anything to tamper with it.

The human Estelle is looking after this time will have to die with regret.

Akmang mag-sasalita pa sana si Selah ng may tumawag sa kanya mula sa may dikalayuan dahilan na mapatingin silang tatlo dito. Estelle blink and find other Archangels flying towards their direction. Like Selah, they are adorned in white robes with their wings ( all four of it ) shone brightly behind their backs.

"Mikhail!" Tawag ni Selah at dahan dahan itong naglakad palayo. When she's a good distance away, the Archangel slowly stretch her wings and fly towards the other archangel's direction. Ngunit bago siya makalayo, tinuon ulit nito ang atensyon kay Estelle at Kion na nakatayo sa tabi ng puno.

"And Estelle, don't let Kion talk you into doing something you shouldn't do." The Archangel warned sternly despite saying it so softly and kindly.

"What makes you think I'll do something like that, Archangel Selah?" The guy with his dark wings, retorted making Estelle inch further from the ensuing chaos.

"That's what you literally do, Kion." And before Kion could even respond, the Archangel is already on her way.

Estelle shook her head a little as she played with the daisies in the garden, Kion is just standing idly beside her.

"Have you ever think about what I offered you?" Kion asked few minutes later making Estelle pause.

She blink, before darting her gaze to the dark emissary beside her. "I —" she bit on her lip, the flower crumpling beneath her fingertips. "I'll think about it."

Estelle doesn't even need to think. Stellars like her are never allowed to tamper with a mortal's life, much less tweak a mortals destiny. This very fact is true to every emissary. Even to the Monarchs that serve the Supreme Being.

But Estelle is a Stellar and it's her duty to make a mortals wish come true.

( Don't you ever wonder why we live our lives the same way we are living it? Wonder why some things just . . . happens? Are we really living the life we wanted or we're simply following the destiny that's been written for us? Don't you ever wonder if you're really living . . . or simply paying a price? )