Imagine#6

The darkness that engulfs you is eery and ominous. Silence hangs heavily in the room, dangling over you like a threat, ready to drop at any given moment. Everyone is waiting for something to happen, for the ghosts to respond. You've never been a big believer in the supernatural, but some of the things you've witnessed to day on your trip through the haunted hospital has been seriously making you doubt your beliefs. "If you are preset and you want us to leave, give us a sign, any obvious sign to show us you want us to leave" the tour guy repeats. Everyone seems to be holding their breaths, their eyes flickering around the flimsy room restlessly. The faint clang of a metal object hitting the floor echoes through the hollow building. Gasps erupt in the room. "Alright people, let's move on" the tour guide suggests. "Can we leave soon?" you beg your boyfriend, who's arm you've been holding onto so tightly, you wouldn't be surprised if it bruised tomorrow. "It's ok, we're almost done. Come on, this is fun babe" Levi whispers back, lacing his fingers through yours for reassurance. Fun? Creepy, scary, terrifying, yes, but fun? Definitely not. You are really spooked by this experience. Earlier, you could have SWORN you felt a cold breeze sweep over your arm, and the pictures of a whiteish, air like breeze rushing around your ankles really freaked you out. However, you know you can't get out by yourself, and the end is probably close anyway, so you decide to suck it up and endure this horrific experience. Your group continues down the dusty, abandoned hallway. Suppressed, hushed conversations are the only sounds you can hear. The tour guide stops, looking around, holding up his equipment that is suppose to detect paranormal activity. It is quiet at first, then it comes alive with screeching, making everyone jump. "What is your name?" the tour guide asks loudly. Your nails dig into Levi's palm. You doubt he's even noticed. His glare is also fixated on the tour guide, his eyes wide and anticipating. The device makes weird noises again, the faint tone of "Jim" coming out of it. Everyone inhales sharply again, looking at each other in disbelief. Suddenly, a child's scream interrupts everyone, causing more stirring and anxious, frantic whispers. "Ok, we should go now" the tour guide announces. No one questions him. They start hurriedly racing to the stairs to the exit, including you, Levi and the rest of the boys. Once you are finally outside, the tour guide gives a quick debrief, to which you do not listen. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" you mutter, burying your face in Levi's chest. He puts his arms around you tightly. "It's ok, babe. We're out of there now" he tries to console you, stroking your hair. Your heart still thumps heavily though, adrenaline pumping through your veins, and not in a good way.
You can't stop thinking about the haunted hospital, reliving your experience all the way home in the car, not speaking a word. The boys all chat lively about it, saying how "cool" and "amazing"it was. Your description entales more words like "never should have done that" and "scary as fuck". You don't want to let on how badly you are bothered by this, especially in front of the boys. They'd tease you mercilessly for being a wuss. However, come bed time, you find yourself tossing and turning, unable to shake the fear of ghosts and paranormal presence. You get up, wandering through the house. The boys have long since fallen asleep in their room and you are staying over at their house. You don't even have the comfort of your own bed or the familiar scent of your home. You linger in the kitchen, wishing that daylight would come soon, but it is only 2:30 am, the night is still long. As you sit down on the counter, you hear the faint pitter-patter of feet. You head snaps up, looking around. Nothing. Tension curses through your body. Every muscle is rigid. More silence. You start to relax, when you hear it again. You jump off the counter and crouch on the floor, hoping to hide somewhere. The sounds come closer and closer..... "(y/n)? What are you doing?" you look up to see a sleepy Levi standing before you, hair tousled and shirtless. "I thought you were a ghost" you confess, relief flooding you. "So you thought you'd sit on the kitchen floor?" he smirks in a mocking way. "I was scared!" you defend yourself. Levi's face softens from mockery to sympathy. He crouches down next to you. "It's ok, babe. You know, most of it was probably fake. Plus, it's not like our house is haunted. They built it like 3 years ago. Ghosts hate new buildings. They are all nice and new and fitted with technology, ew" he jokes, managing to make you smile a little. "Do you wanna sleep in my bed tonight?" he asks. You nod, glad he offered. He gets the drink of water he came into the kitchen for and leads you back into his room, letting you slip under his covers and cuddle up closely to him. "Don't worry, I won't let any ghosts get you" he murmurs into your hair, as you snuggle against his toned chest. "Ok" you simply reply, already feeling safe and comforted in his strong arms.