Chapter Fourteen, The Truth

Hunter's Perspective

Okay, so, the date wasn't that terrible, and he does have a really good fashion sense, but he's still not my type at all. But here I am, standing in front of his doorway while he looks up at me with a hopeful gaze. He tried to hide it, but I knew he had a crush on Daryl. And if I really want to bury Daryl in the dirt, I've got to make him very eager to date Daryl again. So, I bent down and lightly stroked his hair, putting on a soft smile. Ew, ew, ew. But I have to make it convincing because Daryl will be sooo mad and it'll be hilarious for me to laugh at later. I forced myself closer and gave Adrian a momentary kiss. "Goodnight, little fashion diva." I hummed and walked away before he could get out any flustered messes that might come out of his mouth. I walked back to my new room and my eyes fortunately fell upon my own body. "Here so soon? What went wrong?" I asked and my blonde little self stared with annoyance. "This body sucks, it can't even do magic on its own. Change me back- this is so boring and sad." He demanded with crossed arms. I grinned and snapped my fingers, placing our souls in the right places.

"Now, did you cause trouble while you were me?" He asked with clear suspicion. "I dunno, I guess you'll have to find out." I teased and grinned smugly. "I will punt you- go to bed, you little bugger." He huffed and I eagerly ran off to my own room. But wait a moment, could I go sleep in Belos' cloudy bed? I think the real question is do I want to-? I mean yes it's super soft and I love it, but also I have to see Belos and I'm not in the mood for that. Am I? Ugh, I need to make up my mind about things. I mean he was.. sort of nice to me, which makes me happy. But that doesn't justify all of the other things he's done to me. But... Mmmm... Maybe. Yeah, I want more. Even though it's from a terrible man and I'll probably regret it later. I walked over to his beautifully intricate doors and glanced at the guards before knocking. Only twice, that's how I was raised. It's polite or something. The doors opened up and revealed a seemingly tired old man.

"Oh, it's you. Come in, Hunter." He sighed and brought me into his room, closing the door behind me. I looked up at him and waited to be told what I could do. He lightly patted my head and blinked tiredly. "You can sleep in my bed Hunter." He told me and rubbed his sleepy face. I eagerly got into his fluffy and silky bed after kicking off my shoes. He laid down beside me and yawned, very tired. "Uncle." I said quietly. He looked over at me and pulled up the covers. "Yes Hunter?" He responded and I nervously fidgeted. "Can we talk a little? I know you're tired though, so.." "It's alright Hunter. Sure, we can talk." He hummed and turned on a lamp so we could look at each other. I turned onto my side and looked into his lifeless eyes. Sort of creepy how dull and sad they were. "Um.. Well, I just wanted to ask more about The Day of Unity. I know you told me not to talk about it, but I'm just curious..." I mumbled. He took a deep breath and tried to stay awake enough to talk.

"You know that most of my plans are secrets. But I suppose it is something you should know about. Only if you promise not to tell anybody else." He said with increasing drowsiness. "Now, hold out your hand." He muttered as he forced his eyes open. He was really exhausted from something. I did as I was told and he took my hand, both of our sigils lighting up. "Okay, now you're bound to not tell anybody." He sighed and let go of my hand, sitting up so he wouldn't fall asleep as easily. I also sat up and waited for him to speak. "So.. The Day of Unity is about all of the witches with sigils gathering around and offering up their magic to cast a spell." He told me and I nodded. I already knew that, everyone did. "What does the spell do?" I asked curiously. "Well, it brings eternal paradise. That's what everyone believes." He answered and patted my shoulder. "You should sleep Hunter, good sleep is key for a warrior." He told me and laid down once more. "But, what is the spell really?" I dug in my heels a bit. I really wanted to know, especially since it's apparently a secret.

"Oh, well if you really insist on knowing. I plan on leaving the boiling isles with you into the human world, and burning this cursed place to ashes." He grumbled and rolled away from me.
"Wait, what-? Hold on- I have more questions now-." I said while trying to process exactly what he had said and meant. I turned the light back on and Belos rolled over to look at me. "Well? Care to explain a bit more-?" I said with clear distress and urgency. "I explained all that I needed to explain. I will destroy this hell, and return to the human world. And I do plan on bringing you with, you are my family and I'd hate to know you perished." He told me and turned off the light. "Now, go to bed Hunter. And I don't want to hear about more of this nonsensical panic you have about my plan." He said austerely. "... Yes sir. I understand." I mumbled and laid down, trying to get comfortable. I felt restless at the idea that everything and everyone would be blown away, and I wouldn't be able to save any of them. I have to talk to someone about this, but the spell I agreed to prohibited that.