Ch. 1 The Preface

It is a beautiful morning on Tuesday, July 30, 1991, at Gwydir Forest National Park in the United Kingdom. An eleven-year-old female with long wavy Bronze hair and doe-like Greenish-brown eyes with a speck of gold was running through the forest barefooted. She turns her head back and smiles when she sees her paternal Uncles, nineteen-year-old Jasper Hale, and twenty-year-old Emmett Cullen chasing after her.

" Hey, Little Red! You know we are letting you go first because you are our niece and all!" Emmett shouts.

The Little Red, also known as Renesmee Cullen, stuck her tongue at Emmett. She looks away and continues to run, spotting a mountain lion chasing after a baby doe.

Renesmee's eyes narrowed, and her throat burned, letting her know she was hungry. She jumps off the cliff and skips over boulders, following the mountain lion and the baby doe.

Jasper whistled, looking at Renesmee with affection when he saw his niece finding her breakfast. He and Emmett looked at each other and nodded as they split up when they saw some bears and moose nearby.

" Leave that baby doe alone!" Renesmee shouts. She attacks the mountain lion and hugs it tightly. She watched the feline struggle to get out of her grasp.

Renesmee snapped the mountain lion's neck, killing the feline instantly. She opens her mouth and sinks her teeth into the sturdy skin of the neck, feeling the blood from the animal rushing into her mouth. She closed her Hazel-colored eyes and began to eat her breakfast.

Renesmee smiled while drinking the blood when she saw the baby doe stare at her and then leave. She looked relieved that the cute animal was safe.

Several minutes later, Renesmee finished eating her breakfast. She pulls her mouth away from the mountain lion's neck. Her Hazel-colored eyes blinked when she heard footsteps approach her. She turned to the sound and smiled when she saw Jasper holding a handkerchief to her.

" Here you go. Good job attacking that mountain lion, Little Red." Jasper hands the handkerchief to Renesmee.

" Thanks! Even though I am almost twelve, I am getting the hang of attacking the bigger animals and drinking their blood." Renesmee giggled while wiping her mouth with the handkerchief.

Jasper fondly stared at Renesmee. His golden eyes blinked when he heard movement heading in their direction.

" Incoming!" Emmett shouts, riding on top of a black bear.

Jasper grabs Renesmee, and they jump away from Emmett and the black bear. He gently puts his niece to her feet, and the two watch Emmett fight the black bear in amusement.

" Yeehaw!" Emmett mocked Jasper, causing the other Vampire to roll his golden eyes in annoyance.

" Hurry up, already! We need to get back to the others. Esme and Bella made breakfast for Little Red." Jasper reminded.

" Alright! Alright!" Emmett chuckled. He snapped the black bear's neck and took the animal down. He held the bear close like a teddy bear and started to drink its blood.

Renesmee giggled, finding Emmett hilarious whenever he goes hunting with her and Jasper.

" All done!" Emmett grinned, showing off his bloody mustache.

" Clean up. Esme doesn't like it when we come home with blood all over our face." Jasper threw the handkerchief to Emmett.

Emmett caught the handkerchief and wiped his face. He shoved the material into his pant pocket and jogged towards Jasper and Renesmee.

" Uncle Emmett! Can I ride on your back?" Renesmee asked, feeling sluggish since she had run so much. Unlike Emmett and Jasper, who are Full Vampires, she is a Half-Vampire and gets tired when she exercises.