Ch. 8 Let's go open your Vaults

Renesmee and Harry walked with the adults to Gringotts Bank. On their way to the Bank, the two children softly spoke, wanting to get one another.

" What is it like having parents and a big family that loves you?" Harry asked, looking at Renesmee curiously.

Renesmee's Hazel-colored eyes intently stared at Harry's bright green eyes. She glanced at her parents and saw the two look at one another lovingly. She then looked at her grandparents, Esme and Carlisle Cullen, and saw them looking at one another adoringly.

" They show me what it is like to feel loved." Renesmee rubbed her chin while looking at Harry. " Hagrid told my family that your parents sadly passed away. I'm sorry for your loss." She looked at him with sympathy.

Harry slowly nodded. " I know I should be sad. But, for some reason, I don't feel sad. Am I weird for feeling like that? Then again, I don't know much about my parents. I am only starting to know things about my Mum and Dad through Hagrid." He murmured.

" You mentioned an Aunt. Is she your Mum's sister or your Dad's?" Renesmee asked.

" My Mum." Harry softly responded.

" And your Aunt didn't tell you stories about your Mum?" Renesmee asked with a raised eyebrow.

" My Aunt doesn't like to talk about my Mum. The only thing I remember her saying about my Mum is that she and my Dad were Drunks, and they died in a horrific car accident. But, it turned out to be false." Harry frowned.

Renesmee's Hazel-colored eyes widened, looking surprised. " May I know what happened to your parents?" She asked. " Only if you are okay with telling me." She quickly speaks.

Harry glanced at Hagrid and then looked at Renesmee. " Hagrid said my Mum and Dad got killed protecting me from a horrible Dark Wizard that wanted to kill me. He didn't want to tell me my parent's killer's name." He frowned.

" Why not?" Renesmee asked.

" Something about the Dark Wizard's name somehow being cursed." Harry shrugged.

" You do know if you don't say the person's name. You are only making them stronger, right." Renesmee looked at Harry worryingly.

" I wish I could know the name of the person that killed my Mum and Dad," Harry murmured.

Renesmee glanced at Charlie. " Maybe I can ask my Grandpa Charlie. You see, he grew up in the Wizarding World before he became a Vampire like my Mum and Dad. So, maybe he knows." She whispered.

Harry looked at Renesmee with a hopeful gaze and then frowned. " Why do you want to help me?" He asked. " Uncle Vernon always tells me that Freaks shouldn't have friends." He murmured.

Renesmee turns her gaze to Harry and stares at him with mixed emotions. " Your Uncle calls you a Freak?" She asked.

Harry nodded. " I thought that was my name until I started Muggle school and discovered that my real name is Harry James Potter." He lifts his head to stare at the sky.

" Harry. You know that Freak is a mean word, right? Your Uncle shouldn't be calling you that." Renesmee firmly speaks.

Harry looks at Renesmee with mixed emotions. " It's a mean word?" He softly asked.

Renesmee nodded. " Yes." She responded.

Harry frowned, looking sad, which broke Renesmee's heart.

" You know. I have always wondered why my Aunt and Uncle didn't show me the same love and affection they gave to my cousin, Dudley. But, now it all makes sense after finding out that I can do Magic." Harry's hands tightened into fists.

" All those mean words and hurtful actions they throw at me are because they don't like that I can do Magic." Harry's bright green eyes dimmed, which Renesmee noticed.

" And since my Aunt is Mum's sister, that must mean she has been aware of Magic her whole life. And since she cannot do it, she is throwing her envy at me after my Mum died." Harry looks at Renesmee with watery, dimmed green eyes.

Renesmee grabbed Harry's hand and lightly grasped it. Even though she can't calm people like her Uncle Jasper, she wants to comfort her new friend at least.

Harry looked at their joined hands. He didn't know why, but when she held his hand, he felt so much warmth within him. He tightly grasped her hand, afraid the heat would disappear if she let go.

Bella glanced at Renesmee and Harry and smiled. She could see the two children softly speaking to each other. Her golden eyes softened when she saw them holding hands.

Bella looked at Edward and saw that he was chatting with Esme and Carlisle about the different kinds of stores in Diagon Alley. While her husband was distracted, she decided to protect the children's thoughts with her shield from Edward so they could have privacy.

Bella looked away and continued to listen to Edward, Esme, and Carlisle chat. Her golden eyes blinked when she saw Charlie and Hagrid stop walking.

" We are here. Gringotts Bank." Hagrid motioned to the tallest building in Diagon Alley.

Renesmee and Harry looked forward, and their eyes widened when they saw Gringotts Bank.

" The architecture is interesting

" The architecture is interesting." Bella tilted her head when she saw that Gringotts Bank had a diagonal exterior design.

" Could the Bank look diagonal because the owners have a unique sense of humor since the shopping district is called Diagon Alley?" Esme asked, looking amused since she is a professional exterior and interior designer.

Carlisle and Edward amusingly chuckled.

" I wouldn't be surprised if that is what the Goblins wanted," Charlie speaks while Hagrid looks at him and chuckles.

" Goblins?" Renesmee and Harry looked at Charlie.

" Goblins own the Gringotts Bank," Hagrid speaks, causing the two children to look at each other in awe.

" Are they the same Goblins as in the Muggle movie Labyrinth?" Renesmee and Harry asked in unison since they grew up in Muggle culture.

Bella and Esme looked at the children with amusement.

" I think they are a different species from that movie," Charlie responded while rubbing his chin.

Renesmee and Harry briefly frowned, but they continued to look excited to meet Goblins in person.

" Let's go open your Vaults." Hagrid chuckled while looking at the children with fondness.

" Yes!" Renesmee cheered, and Harry copied her.

Everyone walked up the stone stairs, and Hagrid opened the door, letting the others enter first.