Chapter 9

Even as we moved onto middle school there wasn't much change. Kacchan was the explosive one with the flashy quirk which always caught both student and teachers attention. I was the protective one who now had learned to trap things in a bubble to move them towards me thanks to Izuku.

Finally Izuku was the smart one, always top of the class with me in a close second and Kacchan in third. He had given up on trying to change both mine and Izukus mind. That was his name now. I'm surprised it took him so long. It is funny though because if anyone else calls him it he completely snaps. Like widly so. He is a lot nicer than in the manga, well to me and Izuku he is anyway.

That may just be because whenever he is rude to me I trap him in a bubble or just get really upset causing Izuku to snap at him. When Izuku is mad he is scary. I mean even I'm scared of him and I can protect myself alright. Like one big rule is don't touch Izukus All might merch. You would think I would know that but well it is worse in real life. Other than this life is good. It's not easy, I mean I had to learn a whole other life style and well their curriculum is harder.

I zoned back in as I looked up. The teacher called my attention. "I hope your all listening today's lesson is very important." He starts as he sets up a PowerPoint of sorts. "Today we are learning about soulmates. You may have learned this or that from your parents or you may know nothing. So listen carefully." He continues as he sets up the board. Wait soulmates are real here? That is surprising. 

"Well for one soulmates are not personal decision. You can chose to ignore them but your soul with always yearn for them once you find them. Having multiple as well is a possibility. It is rare but when it happens to soulmates it is something to celebrate." He says as he pulls up images and pictures. Having multiple soulmates is possible? Well that is surprising. 

"Now the fun bit. How do you find your soulmate? For now you don't, you won't be able to find them till you turn 16. You may ask then why am I telling you, well I'm telling you because they can still find you." He says, seeming to get really into it as he cuts out any questions even as I try to ask a few. Annoyed I put my hand down and wait. 

"How will they find us teacher?" A girl with big glasses on her face and brown hair asks loudly over the noise. He seems to give the class a grin showing almost a predatory smile as he replies. "Well when you turn 16 you will gather a black mark on your body or several. Theses are known as your soulmark and they are all different sizes and shapes." He says as he pulls up several images of these black soulmarks on the PowerPoint.

"How do they work?" Izuku asked curiously. I look over and see him taking notes as I smile. I look back to the front. "Well it is rather simple. When two soulmates first touch the mark will burst into colour. It is normally the persons quirk shown or something important to them." He says. I'm watching curious. Soulmates are real here. I believe it now and It's amazing.

"Is it possible to not have a soulmate?" Another student asks. The teacher looks down, seeming sad. "Yes while rare about 5% don't have a soulmate." He admits as we all look at each other seeming sad. "Enough on that we need to go through the rules." He says as we look confused but he doesn't allow anyone to question him.

" It's simple. One if you try and harm your soulmate even if you don't know they are your soulmate it won't work. Your quirk won't work against them. Your body knows them even if you don't. Two when having multiple soulmates there is no guarantee that they are soulmated to each other too. Three is very important once your souls combine you gain your soulmates quirk just as they gain yours. Now good luck. Class over everyone." He finishes as he dismissed us. I think I learnt a lot today but I feel nervous. What if I don't have a soulmate here? I was never meant to be here after all. I suddenly feel sadness fill me even as I try to push it away.