Chapter 20

"So this looks fun huh. You have three years hero to become a hero. You think its all going to be games and playtime. Idiots. You'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none and will be expelled immediately. Why do you think there are 21 in this class instead of the normal 20?" He says with a smirk. 

I feel my blood run cold as I look around, everyone who was there originally was there as well as me. The classes in UA are only meant to have 20 students per class. That means he really will expel someone today so I better do my best. "You can't send someone home, I mean we only just got here. That isn't fair." Ochako said to him and winced internally already knowing his reply to that. 

"Oh and you think natural disasters are?" He asks the class, causing surprise. I smirk a little. He is strict but he isn't wrong. "How about power hungry villains? Hmmm? " he asks the group of us. "Or even catastrophe accidents that wipe out whole cities. No, the world is full of unfairness. It's a hero's job to try and combat back that unfairness. If you ever want to be a pro you are going to have to push yourself to the brink for the next three years. UA will throw one terrible hardship at you after another, so go beyond. Plus Ultra style. Show me it's no mistake that your here." He finishes. 

I look around the class really looks pumped now, not that I blame them. That was one hell of a speech. "Now enough talking. We are wasting time. Let the games begin." He says, looking proud of himself. Well let's start then shall we. 

Test 1: 50 meter dash

I watched as he chose the teams and set people up to run. I couldn't help feeling slightly glad that I'm not first. I'm not a fan of the attention. I watched the others in front of me and wow Iida was a lot faster than I thought from the anime. Getting to see these people in real life is cool and their quirks seem the same or maybe just similar. 

I watch intrigued as Izuku and Kacchan are faced up against each other. I already know who will win. Izuku still hasn't got the speed of his quirk down yet but at least he isn't breaking his bones as much anymore. As I expected Kacchan won with 3.82 seconds with Izuku getting 5.6 which wasn't bad from what I expected. 

Soon it was my turn and I was against Tooru and Denki. I guess we are the one group of three. I waited as I made a bubble around each of my feet. As the sound went of I used them to have a bounce in my step and increase my speed. I wasn't sure it would work but I beat the other 2 at least. I smiled as I heard it, 5.8 seconds. That isn't bad for not having a speed quirk. 

Test 2: Grip Strength

Well this test will be interesting. Over the years I attempted ways to use my quirk on these tests. I had no real way to test it though. Since when I use my quirk it's obvious I'm using it. I grab the metal grip thing in my hand a take a breath before holding it tight and using a bubble to help push it tighter. I don't know if it worked till I heard the beep and checked my results. 146. not bad I guess. A lot better than normal at least. 

Test 3: Standing Long Jump

I get in front of the sand pit, watching the others go and smiling at their techniques. I watch Izuku almost make it completely over but fail. I decide to console him after. I ran and jumped before trapping myself in my own bubble and floating me the rest of the way.  After landing I give Izuku's shoulder a comforting squeeze as we watched the rest of the group try it. 

Test 4: Repeated side steps

I had been waiting for this one. I made sure I was before Mineta in the line up. I put a bubble both sides and then just bounced myself between them for what felt like forever. I lost concentration finally as my head was spinning. I barely heard my results. 1147. Wow, maybe I overdid it a little. I heard the shock gasps as I sit down and have a sip of my drink and a quick protein bar before the next task. Aizawa see's me but says nothing as he looks away. I guess he doesn't count that as cheating. That's good at least. Mineta did his test the same but many mumbled that he copied my technique. I laughed quietly to myself. They had no idea. 

Test 5: Ball throw

I approach the area again. I felt nervous in the zone. What if I didn't do as well as earlier. That would be so embarrassing. I shake my head of those thoughts as I prepared and then threw it. Trapping it in a bubble before it hit the ground as it goes up and along. I hold my concentration before I feel it enter space and then I deactivate my quirk with a slight pant. Infinity again. Good. I swear I felt Aizawa staring at me. I know he has to but it felt like more than that.  

Test 6: Distance run

I wait my turn. He set us up in groups of five to run. Obviously one group had six members but it wasn't mine. I was the second group to go. I protected my feet in bubbles, one around each. Then I started running. It was counted in how many meters you could do in the allotted time limit after all. I may not be the fastest but with a bounce included in every step it helps me go further. 

After my go I saw both Kacchan and Izuku in the group of six along with Mina. This should be exciting. Mina's speed of using her acid to slide is awesome but its not as fast as Kacchan's explosions or as fast as Izuku's superpowered legs but she is a close third. This will definitely help final scores for the group. 

Test 7: Sit ups

I had another long drink as I went overs with the others for the next test. Sit up's. They personally are not my favourite but I do have experience with them. Kacchan always includes them in training to help get stomach muscles. He sat the whole group down as he counted with us. A couple dropped out before we even hit 15. Even more were gone by 30. Soon it was only Izuku, Kacchan, me and Shoto. 

The class was watching us amazed. I guess it was a cool to watch. I felt a little offended as I heard bets that I would be the next to drop out. I probably would have been but hearing that gave me the will power to keep going, just to prove them wrong. 50, 60, 70, 80, 82 and Izuku was out. He looked shattered as he was offered a drink. I was holding strong now. 85, 90, 96 and Kacchan was out. 

He looked really annoyed that I was still in but I had a point to prove even though by now my body felt absolutely shattered. I felt sweat dripping down my body but this was a fight on pride. I will prove that us girls are the strongest. They wanted me out but they would not get the satisfaction. 100, 110, 115, 120, 125. I looked about ready to give up when I heard it. "Don't you dare lose to him! You hear me!" Kacchan yelled. I looked over at him with a smile as he nodded. Welp time to try something. I surrounded myself with a bubble and wished for my muscle ache to leave and to my surprise. It did not work but that was ok. He had to tire soon. 130, 135, 140, 142, 148, 153. I felt my body giving up. I again surrounded myself with my bubble and wished to heal my pain. It didn't really work but it eased it slightly. That would have to do. I heard the girls cheering and even some of the guys. 160, 165, 170, 180, 190, 196, 200, 205, and he finally called out. I smiled accomplished. I did 5 more before giving in. That left me with 210. 

Test 8: Seated toe touch 

This one was simple at least, a seated toe touch. I stretched after having a long drink and another protein bar. I sat down and bent and stretched before grabbing my toes and looking up triumphantly. I did it. Finally these dumb tests were over. I wonder if he really will expel someone.