CHAPTER 3: Bethroted.

*****************************

PRINCESS SAPPHIRE SAT in front of her grand vanity as her attendants fixed her fuzzy long hair. They added glow oils to enhance the scarlet color of her golden hair that resembled the sunset of the great kingdom. Realm of the light.

Her sunset yellow skin that she shared with everyone in the four kingdoms sparkled from the treatment she had to undergo for the past 2 hours. Her nails were perfectly trimmed and polished. Her lips shone with the perfect brightness of a red rose. The natural beauty of the only princess of the kingdom of Fotos was aweing and amazing. No living man would not fall for her. A god in training herself, she had skills of her own that would attract even a blind man. The people of Fotos treasured their princess. Not just because she would be the next Imperial queen.

"Your highness, do you hear me?"

She had been distracted in a world of her own, lost in thought of the Kosmos Prince whom she encountered in the good of the day's morning.

She told everyone she wanted to walk by the beach and seek the living water, if she found it, it would give her a sign of assurance that the man she is dressing up for today is her destined husband. She couldn't tell if it did, for instead she found a lifeless man in the woods drowning in the depths of the water. The river had let her save him, what did that mean…. She had no real explanation. She had been chased by a probably lost dog hound of one of the nobles of the kingdom. It got the better of her neck and her dress when she thought she could woo it into obeying her.

She only now saw the stupidity of such a thought.

That was quickly fixed by her maids with one of the special oils of the kingdom. She told the living water to allow her to heal as a sign and apparently, she came back home with a brutally scarred neck, obviously no healing there. So what was the sign then.

She sighed "what were you saying? "

"You look lost in another world. You have to look only at your beloved tonight " she whispered so the other attendants wouldn't hear. Marinet was her best friend, her head maid, her sworn sister. She was sworn to princess Sapphire at eight, it's a kind of ease and freedom from servanthood into a greater one more comfortable to bear. To eat when she eats, starve when she starves, die when she dies and to serve the princess all the days of her life. They grew to love each other as sisters nevertheless. They turned eighteen this year, and Sapphire is to be betrothed, but not Marinet.

The princess stared at her through the vanity mirror. "He's not my beloved, he's just my betrothed" she mouthed.

Marinet rolled her eyes, "it's the same thing. You will grow to love him "

"Many maiden's wish to have what you have, my lady" she said, not giving me eye contact.

Sapphire's eyes flashed with fresh tears. Just a month ago, Marinet had fallen in love. She had dreams and Hope's as well as fears. She could never leave the princess' side so she could only marry one of the servants for she had no dowry. Never to be released for she was a bond slave.

Unfortunately, she fell for a man from the underworld. The two realms had been banned from coexisting because of history. She knew she could never have her love by Sapphire's side so with her blessings she fled. Not two weeks later, her best friend was found and according to law, her lover was killed. Marinet could not be touched for she was bounded to the princess, the punishment of killing the one she loved was enough toture for her.

"It'll all be well, Marinet. I have vowed to give you as much freedom as I can once I am married. I will make my husband vow to it too……."

"Will I ever find love again, and care for my unborn child" she whispered with flowing tears.

"it's possible Marinet " Sapphire hushed her, the baby was their little secret. "I pray you find love too"

"I hope so"

"Now let's have you eat something, " she dismissed.