My First Day As A Princess.

*****************
  ZOE'S POV.

An alarm I didn't remember setting was blaring off, drifting me from wherever I was in my subconscious.
I woke up in my new bedroom.
Just a moment ago I was gasping for breath, struggling to survive the blade of my humorless killer. It was just a dream after all. Or wait!...

…have I died and woken up in paradise?

But paradise is not the place I would rather be.
I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't in another dream, ouch! It hurt. At least it's certain i'm not dreaming.

My mom always said dreams are realities in other realms. I say dreams are the results of your fears and desires. But whatever that was, I was glad it was now over.

I have a big day today. Chloe mentioned I had a lot in store for me. My princess preparation lessons were to start today and I was not ready to start a day without taking a very long, hot, foamy bath.

I found myself unconsciously checking my favourite pyjama to ensure it wasn't really ruined.
I let out a breath of relief as I put the thought of being murdered by a sapphire obsessed handsome stranger out of my mind and got on with my day.

I jumped off my bed and turned off the alarm as I picked up my phone to check what time it was.

"What the hell…" it was only 5:30.
I wouldn't put it past Chloe to perpetrate such atrocity. Who wakes up at a time like this?
I had a murderous feeling but I couldn't get myself to be reckless enough to risk not being ready for a busy day. So I wore my new pretty little bunny slippers and strolled to the bathroom.

As instructed, everything I needed was provided the previous night so setting my own bathing pool wasn't difficult. Just a few weeks ago, I was the one cleaning rooms and washing toilets, the irony of it all. I was also assigned Kate to be my personal help maiden, along with the timid black sheep from yesterday.

After I filled the massive bath top with pink foams that scented of lavender and rose, I splashed in a bowl of bathing sea salt and undressed, the reality of this being my new home slowly setting in. I slipped in with an unfathomable joy.
I loved the feel of the hot water on my bare skin, it careeessed my back in a way that made me wanna spend the next two hours enjoying the relaxation.
I informed the installed AI that I would need some relaxing music and it started playing a song by Sasha Sloan.

It took just ten minutes before I heared the all too familiar voice of my dear cousin Chloe yelling instructions from my bedroom. Startled, I shut the music off and sat up wondering why she would be in my room barking at people at this unholy hour.

Before I could even blink Chloe barged into the bathroom and yelled "get your ass out of that play bath and get over here" over her shoulders as she matched into my wardrobe not sparing me a glance.

"Do you never sleep?" I was dejected that I had just lost my alone time.

She tossed a bathrobe at me, I barely stopped it from entering my paradise of water.
"Well we can't work while sleeping, can we?" She remarked.

I hated her for her reply. I didn't want this to end, not now.

"Can I at least get a decent bath?"

She eyed me. "You have five minutes" she said passively as she stormed out with the same urgency she came in with.

Like that even sounds like decent!

"Urgh!" I grunted and sighed. My days aren't just numbered, my nights too.

I hurried out of the bathroom, not because I'm scared of the lady holigan but because I ached to see my mother. I wanted to know if she was alright, I wanted to know Martha kept her promise, I wanted to know I didn't make a wrong decision, I wanted to know my family would survive this.