The Welcome Party (part 2)

"WHO IS THE DAMSEL IN BLUE?" I heard Nathaniel's voice from behind me. I spun around holding my dress up as I curtsied.

Nathaniel was all white teeth. It was funny seeing him with such a smile.

"That's me. Not your average Cinderella, am I?" I was referring to my shade of blue. I was in a very dark blue lacy dress that hugged my body perfectly.
And the fact the scenario wasn't exactly the same.

He shook his head. "I'm afraid not"

"But I'm the Cinderella tonight!" I squeaked.

"You look more beautiful each time I see you" he commented.

"As beautiful as Ella?"

"Even more so your highness" he grinned.

"Thank you. You pulled off your outfit white nicely. You're a fine man, I must say"

"Is this that moment when the prince ask for the lady's dance?"

We both busted out laughing at our own joke. Though I could tell he was serious about the dance.

Something in his eyes.

"Allow me to be your guide this evening" he held out his hand for me to take.

I looked around, Chloe was a few feet away, there was no hurt in wondering around the garden for a while.

"Sure" I replied and took his hand.

He led me into the party.
I could feel the stares grow stronger, I started to feel a little overwhelmed by the unwanted attention.

"You have to get hard to those kinds of looks Zoe," Nathaniel noticed my discomfort. "That's part of the package of being a princess…."

"Princess Alexandria!!!"

Ahead of us was queen Catherine, second wife of my grandfather. I didn't know which side she stood, but it was definitely not mine. She made that clear when she glared at me during my meeting with the king.

'Who on earth was she calling Alexandria?'

"Princess Alexandria!" She repeated now approaching us.

Nathaniel nudged me forward.

I gave a curt bow immediately I got to her, Nathaniel behind me bowed too.

"Meet my grandmother…" Nathaniel said.

"I'm afraid we've already met Nate" she responded spitefully.

Ok, I get not everyone can be comfortable with a new member of the family but did they really have to show it in a spiteful way?

"Your Highness" I greeted nevertheless.

"Young princess…" her aged lips parted. "...its not usual to have a new princess come out of nowhere to take someone else's destiny, but still, my family and I are ready to support you. As long as you don't come in our way!"

"Mom!!!" Martha squeaked getting to us. She smiled apologetically at my confused face and dragged the old grandma away.

Who's destiny? What did the old hag mean by someone else's destiny?

In a nano second, Chloe was by my side. She gave Nathaniel a look I couldn't miss. A look that told me there was more to my coronation than meets the eye.

And I was gonna find out what it was.

"Hey" She gleamed at me nearly pushing Nathaniel off balance.

"Hey" I gave a little wave.