It Had To Be You

Vi chased Jinx down the streets of Zaun, she could hear her sister shouting in a taunting manner "I KILLED LITTLE MAN! I KILLED LITTLE MAN!" This only made Vi even more furious at her. She continued to chase her all the way back to the last drop. She ran inside to find her sister inside trying to catch her breath, she turned around and saw her, she said "Well, look at this, we're back where we started." Vi got her gauntlets ready as Jinx continued "I don't get it, why would you replace me with a god damn enforcer?!" Vi replied "I didn't replace you, Caitlyn is my girlfriend, you're still my sister." But Jinx shouted "But she's still an enforcer!! One of the very people we both used to despise!! Remember when we were still kids, you used to talk about making those topsiders pay for what they've done to us! And then, we finally reunite again and all I see is just another enforcer instead of my real sister!!" But Vi replied "I am your real sister!" And then Jinx shouted back "THEN WHY DON'T YOU ACCEPT ME FOR WHO I AM AND LET ME START THIS WAR? WHY DID YOU BETRAY ME?!" Vi was silent before saying "Betrayed you? I never betrayed you, for the many years I spent in prison, I only ever thought about one day reuniting with you again, and when I finally did, I didn't see my sister anywhere, instead, all I saw was a psychopathic killer with the desire for blood, working alongside the very man who killed Vander." Jinx then shouted "Silco didn't kill Vander, I did! Besides, that's why you abandoned me after all." Vi then said "Vander never wanted this for us, he wanted us to have a happy life together as a family, he never wanted war, he never wanted revenge, he just wanted all of us to be happy." Jinx then said "It's too late for any of that Vi. You've betrayed me, and now I'm going to kill you and your precious little cupcake! Then I'll bring hell upon the people of Piltover! However, I want it to be fair for once..." Then Jinx pulled out two knives, and tossed one of them to Vi. Vi looked at the knife on the floor in front of her and put down her gauntlet's as she picked it up. She looked at her sister, but didn't see her sister anywhere in her, especially after she just killed Ekko. She sighed and finally said "For a while, even after you bombed the council building, I still hoped that maybe Powder was still in you somewhere, but now I realize that Caitlyn was right, you're too far gone, the real sister I knew is never coming back. You, will never start a war with Piltover, I will do what I must!" Jinx's head started to twitch as she smiled aggressively, she looked at her sister in the eye and said "I'm glad it's you. It had to be you!"

And then she screamed as she ran at Vi and swung her knife at her

And then she screamed as she ran at Vi and swung her knife at her. Vi dodged and tried to swing her knife back at Jinx, but Jinx elbowed her in the face knocking her back, she took the opportunity to stab her but Vi grabbed her arm and then stabbed her arm with her knife. Jinx screamed in anger and kicked Vi in the knee, knocking her down, then Jinx stabbed her in the back with her knife, Vi collapsed onto the ground in pain, Jinx removed the knife from her arm and then said "Silco helped me become stronger than I was a kid, I trained for years to become the assassin that I am now, where did you train? IN A PRISON?!" And then she attempted to stab her sister again but Vi rolled out of the way and ran for it. She ducked behind a table. Jinx then pulled out her machine gun and started walking around the bar looking for her. "Where are you hiding sis? Come on out!" She said in a creepy tone. Vi remained quiet. She slowly pulled the knife out of her back, trying hard to hold back her screams of pain. Then, Jinx became furious as she shouted "SHOW YOU FUCKING FACE ALREADY!!!" And then she started firing her minigun throughout the entire bar. Soon, Vi ran towards her gauntlets that were still sitting there, but then Jinx noticed and shouted "GOTCHA!" She began to shoot at Vi as she ran for her gauntlets. Vi threw her knife at Jinx as the knife hit her in the shoulder. "GAAAHHH!! FUCK YOU!!" She shouted. Vi grabbed the gauntlets and activated them. Jinx removed her knife from her shoulder and continued to shoot at Vi. Vi blocked the bullets with her gauntlets. She slowly approached her sister as she continued to fire at her, only for the bullets to be blocked by her gauntlets, then she ran at Jinx and punched her down with a gauntlet. Jinx collapsed as a large bruise appeared on her face. Jinx then got up and said "Oh... you're good. But not good enough!!" Then she used her shimmer strength to move quickly towards Vi and before she could react, Jinx punched her in the stomach, Vi quickly regained composure as she got her gauntlets ready and blocked as many attacks her sister threw at her, Jinx laughed as she punched and kicked against her sister. But then, her sister punched her back, and this time, harnessing the power of the gemstones inside of her gauntlets, she punched Jinx so hard it sent her flying across the room, she crashed into the wall and collapsed. Jinx tried to get back up, but then, Vi punched her in the face with her gauntlets, she fell down as Jinx got on top of her and started punching her in the face repeatedly, Jinx's face was soon covered in blood. But she simply smiled creepily and said "C-come on!" Vi punched her again as Jinx then said "Y-you should s-see yourself hehehehe-" She was taunting her. Soon, Vi saw that Jinx had enough. Jinx looked at her, she coughed before saying "G-go on sis... finish it!" But then, Caitlyn walked in, including the other firelights, they saw her standing there over Jinx as Caitlyn said "Vi! You got her!" Then, a few firelights walked over to Jinx and picked her up. Jinx then looked at Vi and smiled saying "You'll have to kill me..." Vi was almost tempted to do so, but despite the fact that she knew her sister was gone. She still couldn't bring herself to finish her off. She looked at the blood on her gauntlets, she sighed as she powered them off and replied "No, not even you, there's been enough killing. The council will decide your fate. And then she walked away, Caitlyn pointed her gun at Jinx and said "Jinx, in the name of the council of Piltover, you are under arrest." Jinx was furious at Vi as she then shouted "No! Vi! Don't leave me like this! Finish me! VI!!!" She struggled to break free to go and attack Vi but then, Caitlyn knocked her unconscious and said to the firelights "Bring her to Piltover." She then walked outside to see Vi standing there, she stood next to her and wrapped her arm around her, they both watched as the firelights took Jinx away. As Vi watched them carry her away, she said "I- I'm so sorry Powder... for everything." A tear came out of her eye, Caitlyn noticed and said "Hey, you did the right thing." Vi then replied "I know... but she was still my sister...." Caitlyn kissed her on the cheek and said "There was nothing you could have done for Powder, it's time for you to forgive yourself." Vi smiled at her and said "Let's just go home." Caitlyn nodded in response as they followed the firelights back to Piltover.
(To be continued...)