67) It had to be a toy shop

"Shit!" I fumbled with the plastic toy as it lights up and blares loudly. What kind of fucking toy is this? I look around for any workers and quickly stuff it back on the shelf before speed walking out the aisle awkwardly. I sighed heavily. Fucking toy shop. A doll on the shelf in front of me catches my eye so I pick it up. Yes, this will do amazing for Charlotte. I grip it in my hand and suddenly.

"You're fun!"

I scream, dropping it. "What the actual...?" I stopped myself as disapproving parents hurried their children along. I picked the doll up quickly, shaking it as if that will shut it up.

"You're fun!"

"Shut up! Shut up!" I begged it and then a hand clasped on my shoulder.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to leave." A worker stated and I scoffed.

"Well..." I read his nametag. "Bellamy Blake. May I ask why?"

"Disrupting." He answered simply.

"What do you mean? I'm being a normal customer!" I protested indignantly. Shit.

"You turned on three - now, four - toys and left them without turning them off." Shit, shit, shit.

"Wha...? I have no idea what you're talking about." I lied, smoothly. At least, I think it was smooth.

"There's CCTV." He folded his arms and raised his eyebrows as if to say wow, what kind of idiot are you?

"I'm sorry, Bellamy - can I call you Bellamy?" I sighed.

"No." He grunted and I faltered. Who was this guy?

"Well, as I was saying, I'm sorry Bellamy Blake, but I had no idea how to turn them off. Maybe if you'd help me find what I was looking for, I could leave quicker." I smiled brightly, trying to persuade him.

"What do you need?" He complied, rolling his eyes.

"A toy." I told him, grinning.

"No, really?" He muttered sarcastically.

"For my godchild's birthday." I snapped, my grin faded. This guy is the definition crappy customer service. He is cute though...

"Girl or boy?" He asked, as he gestured for me to follow him past aisles.

"Girl." I answered, skipping to keep up with him. Okay, maybe I was going a bit too fast - a bit - because the next thing I knew I crashed into some shelves containing various Transformers. Bellamy Blake grabbed my forearm, lifting me up in one swoop, giving me hard, disapproving eyes. Well, hard, disapproving gorgeously brown eyes.

"Well, perhaps a Barbie." He took one off the higher shelves and I scrunched my nose up. Charlotte would throw that at my head.

"She loves Bratz dolls." I tried jumping for a plastic box with three of the dolls in but then it ended up landing on my head. I closed my eyes and ducked my head to embrace the impact and didn't move until a few seconds after the box thudded onto the floor. Bellamy Blake then picked it up, handing it to me.

"Thanks." I muttered, my head throbbing.

"There you go. Now, you can leave." He grunted.

"Listen, do you maybe want to...?" I started to ask but he cut me off.

"No." He snapped.

"You didn't even listen to what I have to say!" I complained heatedly.

"You were going to ask whether I wanted to go on a date or not. The answer's no." He's such an asshat! I scoffed loudly.

"Actually, I was going to ask whether you want me to pay the goddamn toy or should I just walk out with it?" I asked sarcastically.