80)Dark caress of someone else

Archive of our own
By:Bellassmy

Clarke Griffin did not like to be made a fool of. So when the guy who failed to mention he had a girlfriend when he began a relationship with her strolled into the entrance of Dropship like he owned the place, Clarke knew she would have to do something drastic. The bass-heavy music pounded through the club while Clarke watched Finn with narrowed eyes. Standing at the bar next to her, Harper followed her line of sight and cast her an uneasy look when she spotted Finn. Harper nudged Monroe and gestured to the long haired boy. Already too drunk to care, Monroe cheered and stumbled to the dance floor.

There was a beautiful girl on his arm. Not Raven, although they looked similar. This girl also had seemingly endless legs and long, dark hair that shimmered under the flashing lights. Clarke briefly marvelled at how Finn managed to keep finding such beautiful girls despite his shitty personality.

Clarke twisted herself so she stood behind Harper, trying to stay out of Finn's eyesight. Being a Friday night Dropship was throbbing with heavily intoxicated college students. Despite all the people, Clarke didn't doubt that Finn would be able to sniff her out. He had a talent for always being able to find her and desperately beg to take her back. Clarke groaned at the thought of having to do it again.

Clarke was interrupted from her thoughts to Harper grabbing her wrist.

"He saw you! I think he's coming over!" she yelled into Clarke's ear, competing with the music.

Clarke groaned audibly and looked around quickly for an escape route. Her back pressed up against the bar; every other side was surrounded by people. She wasn't desperate enough to vault over the bar yet, but she wasn't ready to rule it out.

A bunch of drunk guys jostled her down the bar as they tried to hustle for some drinks, knocking her into a tall, tan man with black, curly hair. She stumbled against the man as the group tried to create space for themselves. She felt a warm hand grip the top of her arm, steadying her. She looked up at the stranger, a thank you on her lips when something dawned on her. He looked a couple years older than her, a dimple on his chin and a smatter of freckles on his nose. He was cute, and at that point, a whole lot better than vaulting over the bar. With liquid courage thrumming in her veins, she quickly made up her mind.

Pushing herself up onto her tiptoes, she yelled into his ear. "Feel like doing me a favour and rescuing me for the next five minutes? I'll shout you a drink!"

The guy leaned back and ran a hand through his dark hair, an eyebrow raised. "What do you need?" he yelled back.

"Just roll with the punches!" she called, hoping he wouldn't have to take it literally.

Out of the corner of her eye, Clarke saw Finn break through a wall of people. His head turned, searching for something, for her. Behind him, the girl he had brought along looked like an abandoned puppy, but still followed him towards the bar.

Clarke locked eyes with the man next to her and twisted so her body was against his. She placed one hand on his waist and could feel the tightness of muscles under the thin material of his shirt. A smirk appeared on the man's face, only making him more handsome. With her other hand, she grasped the back of his neck and guided his face towards hers. He met her half way, and their lips met in a gasp. He took control instantly, his lips strong and sure against Clarke's. An arm snaked around Clarke's waist and pulled her closer. Clarke inhaled deeply at the unexpected pressure and opened her lips against the kiss. The man's tongue quickly darted swiping against her bottom lip. When Clarke shuddered unexpectedly, she felt him grin against her mouth.

"Clarke?"

She pulled back reluctantly at the sound of her name but left her arm around the man's waist. Met face to face with Finn's puppy dog eyes, she groaned internally. Not just because he had interrupted an awesome kiss; Finn never took a hint, even when it was as big and as obivous as that.