69) Begin Again

"This is such a bad idea," Clarke whined, pulling at the seam of the little black dress Raven had forced her in to make it longer somehow. "Such a bad idea!"

"Shut up, okay?" Raven rolled her eyes handing her a pair of high heels that looked like they could be used to murder somebody.

"But I have to finish this presentation and tomorrow the new intern will show up and I just can't go out tonight, okay? There's just no time for this!" Clarke crossed her arms in front of her chest, Raven's high heels dangling between the two women.

"Clarke," Raven rested a hand on her forearm, looking at her sincerely. "You haven't had sex in over two years. You didn't even go on a date or look at a person ever since the fiasco with Lexa. It's depressing."

Clarke frowned, starting to protest that she was so over Lexa and the stunt she had pulled but Raven shushed her immediately.

"Uh, nope, I won't believe it until I see it."

Clarke huffed, grabbing the shoes from Raven defiantly and putting them.

"I can't believe I'm actually doing this. If he's a serial killer I swear to god, Raven, I'll kill you." Checking her purse for her cellphone Clarke staggered towards the front door of her apartment. How her best friend could walk in heels like this was beyond her.

Raven only chuckled. "Have fun, Griffin!" She called out. "And remember, red rose!"

With much more force than necessary Clarke slammed the door shut, cursing and whining under her breath all the way to the bar that Raven had picked when she set her up with some random guy from some dating website.

***

"You're going to be late, Bell!" Octavia called from the kitchen.

One last time he adjusted his tie before finally stepping into the living room.

"Now look who cleans up nicely," his sister winked at Bellamy who felt uncomfortable in the formal wear.

"I hate you," he stated, picking up his wallet from the sofa.

"Oh please, you love me and I bet she's really nice and beautiful and everything," O waxed poetically and Bellamy rolled his eyes, running a hand through his hair. "Stop that!" Octavia swatted his hands away, fixing his hair quickly. "And now go, before I have to use physical harm!"

He raised his hands in defeat. "I'm gone already!"

Bellamy was halfway out through the door when Octavia called out for him. "Wait! You forgot your rose!"

She put the flower into the front pocket of his jacket, placing it so that it was perfectly visible.

"Now, go get her tiger!" She gave his butt a firm slap before ushering him out of the apartment.

"How did I raise her?" Bellamy breathed out, grumpily heading down the stairs and towards the bar.

***

As Clarke entered the bar she was already contemplating just wandering around the city and then pretending to Raven that the date just didn't go well.

But apparently she had some pride left because she found herself sitting on a barstool five minutes later with a drink in front of her.

Clarke played with the straw of her cocktail for a little while always keeping an eye on the swinging door, looking for a red rose.

When it was ten past seven and she was halfway done with her cocktail she decided that enough was enough. She was just about to pay when the door opened again and in hurried a man in a suit jacket with dark jeans, a white dress shirt and a black skinny tie.