93)I Need a Hero (Or Do You?)

Archive of our own
By:buttercup_90
————————————————————————

Clarke walked along the long aisles, wishing she had the energy to shop for groceries; she'd already thought about living off of take-out but she'd just agreed to pay $30 a month to use a gym and she was trying to convince herself that she couldn't have both. She felt herself being pushed from behind, Clarke turned to find her best friend's older brother, and the bane of her existence, Bellamy Blake smirking behind her.

"Watch it, Blake." She continued to walk forward, lacking the energy to have yet another argument with him.

"Well I never thought I'd see the day when the Princess actually used a grocery store, I thought your butler would shop for you or you'd at least have it imported from Europe." Clarke stop and turned to face him, scowling at his devious grin.

"What is your problem with me? Seriously, it's getting ridiculous."

"My problem is that you think you're better than everyone else."

"Oh and where did you get that from, because you certainly couldn't have picked that up from our twenty minute date where you left through the kitchen?" She walked closer to him as she spoke.

"I really affect you don't I, Princess?"

Before she could retort, a gun shot rang through the air; Clarke was pushed down to the floor by Bellamy, she looked up and saw him hovering over her, shielding her body.

"I know you're in here, Blake! I watched you come in here! How about you show yourself and we can discuss the fact you tried to kill me!" Clarke had heard the voice before but couldn't remember where.

"Shit." Bellamy whispered.

"What the fuck is going on?" She spoke quietly.

"Murphy has lost his mind."

"You tried to kill John Murphy? Are you insane?"

"Now is not the time, Princess."

"Oh, Bellamy, my dear, dear friend, why won't you show yourself? Are you ashamed, or is your leg still hurting from beneath me and leaving me to hang?" Clarke's eyes snapped to Bellamy.

"You tried to hang him, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"No offence but shut the fuck up." He looked around for somewhere to move to, somewhere less in the open.

"Come on." Bellamy whispered, He pulled her arm and led her to the door to the manager's office; he rose slightly and entered the pin.

"How do you know that?"

"I worked here in high school, hopefully they haven't... thank god, get inside." Clarke obliged and crawled into the room, watching as Bellamy closed the door gently.

"Spill it."

"What?" Bellamy ran his hands through his black, curly hair, a frustrated look on his face.

"Why is John Murphy shooting up the local grocery store shouting your name?"

"Not now, Clarke." She leaned on the edge of the manager's desk.

"No, you tell me why the hell my life is in danger. I'm stuck in here with the man Murphy is trying to shoot. I deserve an explanation." She watched him pace back and forth, sigh and then turn to her.

"Pike..."

"Who's Pike?"

"He runs the narcotics unit in Arkadia."