78)Devil in your smile

Archive of our own
By: Jekisawrites

It's moments like these with Clarke smirking at him and wiggling her eyebrows that Lincoln sometimes wonders why he decided to befriend the blonde. His life would have been a lot easier without her meddling and shenanigans, but it that would also make it quite boring. Tonight, he isn't sure which one would be worse.

"You like her."

Lincoln does his best to ignore the way she's pointedly looking at him, her smirking growing into something more of a gleeful smile. He wouldn't be surprised if she magically came up with confetti and started tossing it into the air around them.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He closes their apartment door, and locks it, knowing full well that if he leaves it for Clarke to do before she goes to bed it won't be done.

When he turns around, she's standing mere inches in front of him with her hands on her hips.

"Lincoln, don't play innocent with me. I know you better than most."

"And I you, which is why I'm not telling you anything," He steps around her and makes his way to his bedroom. If he thought that would stop Clarke from following him, he was wrong.

"I think I should be offended by that statement, but I'm too excited to care right now. I saw the way you were interacting with her at the bar tonight! You totally have a thing for Octavia. Wait until I tell Bellamy!"

He gives her a level gaze, "Do not tell Bellamy anything, Clarke."

She huffs, "Why not?"

"Because nothing is happening. I haven't even asked her on a date yet."

He knows the mistake he made even before she beams up at him, "Yet! So you do have a crush on Octavia. I knew you two would hit it off! Are you taking her to that rock climbing place?"

He rolls his eyes and pulls his shirt over his head, "I'm not talking to you about this. Besides, I never denied I had a thing for her."

Her hands are back on her hips, "But you never admitted it either." When he just stares at her, her hands drop and she let's out a long sigh. "Fine, I'll drop it and let you get some sleep, but if I can't tell Bellamy, I'm definitely giving Wells all the juicy details in the next letter."

"Tell Wells all you want. I doubt he can tell anyone else of importance while he's in the Peace Corps."

She shoots him a glare, "You're a grumpy old man."

He shrugs, which was apparently the right call because she simply rolls her eyes before walking out of his room and finally leaving him in peace.

&&

Lincoln does eventually bring Octavia to Indra's to rock climb, but he will never willingly tell Clarke that. She has too big of an ego already. It's their fourth time hanging out just the two of them, just him and Octavia. He's not positive that she counts these as dates, especially since they've all been during the day and the only physically contact they've had is when Octavia forced him into a hug the last time he dropped her off at her place. But, he definitely counts them as dates. He's just going to keep that to himself until he talks to Bellamy. He feels like he's betraying his friend, which is ridiculous since he wasn't even friends with Bellamy until Clarke started dating him almost six months ago.

Indra gives him a look when he walks in with Octavia because he never brings anyone here. Well, he did bring Clarke here once but that was because she demanded to tag along and then complained the entire time they were here. It was a mistake Lincoln only made once. But thankfully Indra knows how to keep to herself unlike his pesky roommate.