68) Writing a loving letter boy

Bellamy hates wedding planning.

He's happy for Octavia, obviously--Lincoln is a great guy, he makes Octavia happy, and they're going to have a great life together. They're also going to have a beautiful, special wedding, and he'll probably cry at it. He's not ashamed. But he has absolutely no interest in planning it.

So he's playing Monster Hunter 4 on his 3DS and letting Octavia, Clarke, and Lincoln hammer out the details without him. Clarke kicks him when his opinion is necessary, which is a good system for both of them. He doesn't have to pay attention, she gets to kick him. Everyone wins.

"Bell can do it, he's not bringing a date," he hears Octavia saying, and that gets his attention.

"What? Yes I am."

Octavia rolls her eyes. "You are not."

"Why wouldn't I?"

Lincoln and Clarke are looking at him now too, like all of them think he's nuts. "You've never had a girlfriend," says Clarke, slowly. "What, were you planning to bring one of your random one-night stands?"

"I've had girlfriends."

"Name one," says Octavia.

He frowns. "There's, uh. There was Roma."

"In high school?" asks Clarke. "She did not count as girlfriend, you just slept with her a lot. Also, that was like--thirteen years ago?"

"Okay, fine, um." He rubs his hand over his mouth. "Well, how are we defining girlfriend here?"

"Oh my god," says Clarke, clearly despairing.

"Someone you're serious enough about to bring to our wedding," says Lincoln.

He thinks about it for a while. "Huh," he finally says.

"So, yeah, Bell's not going to have a date!" Octavia says brightly.

"Hey, wait, I didn't agree to that," says Bellamy. "I could still have a date."

"You think you're going to be in the first serious relationship of your entire life in the next six months?"

"Why not?"

"Why would you?" asks Clarke.

"So I'll have a date!"

Octavia narrows her eyes at him. "Do you just want to get out of doing this?"

"No, of course not. I don't even know what you want me to do. I just think it's unfair that you assume I won't have a date. Are you assuming Clarke won't have a date?"

"I've had way more girlfriends than you have," Clarke says, which is true.

"Yeah, but you're single right now too."

"Fine, Bell," says Octavia. "Here's the deal. We're sending out invitations in, what, four months?" she asks Clarke. Clarke is the one who's good with timelines.

"Yeah."

"If you find a girl you like enough to put down as your plus one by then, you are excused from any all wedding responsibilities other than walking me down the aisle."

"And if I don't?"

"I don't know, what will you give me?"

"Are you two seriously making a bet about this?" asks Lincoln. Bellamy's not sure if he's horrified or just kind of confused.

"What do you want?" he asks Octavia.

"You pay for all the flowers," she decides. She grins. "That should be plenty of time for me to pick nicer ones if you lose."