76)Can you tell me? Do I end up happy?

Archive of our own
By: BookPirate

Guys this is rated M smut ahead ;)

Bellamy Blake and Clarke Griffin had been best friends for four years, after a rocky beginning. She had been his sister's RA in college, and after three months of arguing over her duties as an RA, they had discovered they had a lot in common. Their friend circles and slowly integrated until it seemed like Bellamy and Clarke were inseparable. That is, until Echo came onto the scene.

Echo worked at the library Bellamy spent most of his time at studying for his PhD dissertation, and she had asked him out. Bellamy, much to everyone's surprise, had said yes, and that's when Clarke came to the startling realization that she was, unfortunately, in love with Bellamy.

So Clarke did what any logical person would do and started pulling away. She suddenly found excuses to avoid hanging out regularly, made sure she was so busy that she couldn't hang out with Bellamy or any of their friends. Raven knew what was going on, and had called her an idiot, but ultimately couldn't stop her. She knew she was being cowardly, but she was doing what she had to, to get over her feelings, so she and Bellamy could continue being best friends, and so she could be happy for him and Echo. Which leaves her where she currently is, flipping through Netflix, trying to shut her brain off before she goes to sleep.

Clarke sighs, turning off the TV, giving up on trying to watch anything. She gets up and stretches, deciding today's as good a day as any to use the sleeping pills she keeps buried in the back of her medicine cabinet. Before she can get very far, however, there's a pounding on her door. She debates ignoring it, since it's understandable that she would be asleep at one in the morning, especially since she's been working weird hours due to her residency. The voice that calls through the door stops her, however.

"Clarke! Open up! I know you're in there! And I know you're awake!" Bellamy shouts.

She chews on her lip, steeling her resolve to ignore him. It doesn't do her a lot of good, however, because the lock turns and he throws open the door. "What the hell?" she screeches.

"I knew you were awake!" he says triumphantly. "Now, why the hell are you ignoring me?"

She turns red, storms away from him to her kitchen. "What the hell gives you the right to barge into my apartment at one in the fucking morning?"

"I'm worried, Clarke, and so is everybody else." He follows her into the kitchen, blocks the doorway. "What the hell is going on? Did I do something wrong?"

She worries her lip, turns her back to him and busies herself with getting a glass of water. "You're imagining things. I've just been really busy lately, that's all. Now, can I please go and get some sleep?"

"You're a shit liar, Griffin." He steps closer, crowding her against the counter. "Look, if it's something I did, I'm sorry. I don't want to make you feel like you can't hang out with your friends anymore just because I fucked up."

She studies his face, and his eyes are open, pleading with her, and she can't take it any more. She scrubs her face with her hands. "Look, I swear it's not you, okay? Can you just drop it?"

"No!" He puts his arms on either side of her. "I'm not dropping it until you tell me what's wrong."

She feels like bursting into tears, and knows this will destroy their friendship. She pushes on his chest. "I'm what's wrong, okay? You started dating Echo and it made me realize I'm in fucking love with you." She manages to shove him away, tries to walk around him, but he's still blocking the doorway. "That's why I'm avoiding you. I want you to be happy, but it's killing me to see you happy with someone else, okay? I'll get over it, I just need some time. So, please, just leave." She covers her face with her hands and presses her fingers to her eyes to stop the tears from leaking out.