Chapter 8: First Race

Overall, the pre-season tests went well, both for Seb and Scott. The performance of RB9 was great and it looked so competitive. Because of that, the team felt optimistic to face the new season. They believed that they could win the titles again. And the season started from the Australian GP. That was the first time for Clara to come there.

She flew from London to Melbourne with the team members on Monday. They arrived a day after and she obviously stayed at the same hotel as Seb and the other members. She shared the room with Nira. In their room, they took some clothes out of their suitcases and put it in the closet there. They had a conversation while tidying up their clothes.

"Clara, where will you go to tonight?"

"Seb asks me to join with him and the others to a steak restaurant."

"Ha! He will discuss about his new car's name. I'm so sure about that."

"Really? That's nice."

"Yes. Please give him a good idea."

"I'll try," Clara laughed a little. "What about you?"

"Scott also asks me to have dinner at a restaurant. Maybe a different one from Seb."

"They shouldn't be in the same place because they have different race strategies for this weekend, I guess."

Nira chuckled. "That's true!"

They continued to tidy up their clothes and had another topics to talk about together. Clara was excited if what Nira said was true. It felt amazing to her if she got involved in the discussion of naming his RB9.

---

In the evening, Clara prepared herself to go to the restaurant with Seb and other crews. Nira had already gone with Scott and some of his mechanics. When she tied her hair in front of a mirror, she heard someone knocking the door. Then she ran a little to open it. She saw him and the others who had been standing there, waiting for her.

"Hey, guys!"

"Hi, Clara! Are you ready?"

She smiled at him. "Yes, I am. Wait a minute, I want to take my bag first."

"Okay."

They went to the steak restaurant right after Clara locked the door of her room. They went there by foot as that wasn't too far from the hotel. After they arrived there, all of them opened the menu book and chose some favourite foods there. They had a little chat before the waiter came back to serve the foods that they ordered.

At first, Clara wanted to take her credit card from her wallet. But Seb said that he would pay it all. And after all of them finished their dinner, he started to talk. "Okay, as usual, today we are going to find the name for my car. And for Clara, this is the first time you are involved in this discussion, right?"

She nodded and smiled as the time had finally come. "Yes, that's right."

"If you have an idea, don't hesitate to tell me."

"I will start thinking about that."

All of them were thinking about the perfect combination of an adjective and a female name that would match for Seb's RB9. He told her that he always gave a female name for his car because it always looked sexy, just like a woman. And he didn't like to just call it as 'car', so he preferred to name it.

They were in silence for some minutes. She had some names but felt quite difficult to pick just one of them. Besides, she was not sure if Seb would like it. And Rocky finally broke the silence as he was the first to speak. She hoped that he would give a good suggestion.