Chapter 37: The Final Trial

Sunday morning. Heikki and Clara sat together. In Red Bull Racing's hospitality, Circuit of the Americas, Texas. She was drinking a glass of apple juice when he focused much on a newspaper he held.

Then, he folded it neatly and put it on the table. Looked like he wanted to say something serious to her.

"Clara, to be honest I still can't believe this. I thought Scott is a kind person."

"He is a kind person, Heikki. But jealousy has changed him."

"Hmm yeah, you're right. I still can remember, last year he was very sportive. Ah forget it. I want to tell you something."

"What is that? Heikki, what's wrong with you? You look a bit different."

Heikki took a deep breath before he said, "Clara, I won't work with Seb anymore next year."

Clara couldn't hide her surprise. He got along very well with Seb and another RBR members. "What? What do you mean, Heikki?"

"Yeah, next year I will be replaced with another trainer. Do you know Antti, Vergne's current trainer?"

Clara tried to remember him and she nodded. "Yes I know, but why? You've worked very well with Sebastian. And I expected that you would work for a long time with him."

"I will tell you more, but not here, okay?"

Clara just could nod. She was sad surely. Because she often cooked Seb's food with him whenever they were at Seb's house. She still remembered he called himself a food consultant, because he always suggested her what she had to cook for Seb.

Then, she suddenly heard someone's footsteps who was running. She glanced and it was Seb who she meant. Seb smiled and took a chair next to Heikki. "Hey! What are you doing here?"

"We just chat, Seb. And, Heikki has just told me an unexpected news," Clara said, still looking sad.

"Please understand, Clara. I have a reason why-"

"I know Heikki, you don't have to tell me. I really understand."

"Seb, your girlfriend looks so upset. What should I do?"

"Be calm, Heikki. Maybe this is hard to accept by her, because Clara is so close with you. So many things that we've done together. Is that right, Clara?"

Clara agreed to him. "Yes, Seb. You're right."

"I promise if I have a time, I will visit Seb's house. But you have to make sure that you'll be there as well."

"Okay Heikki, I'll keep your promise."

Whatever his reason, Clara thought that she had to accept it. Just like when Seb accepted Britta's decision to resign from the team because she wanted to get married. Oh, maybe he will get married as well. Heikki never told much about his privacy life to Seb and Clara.

By the way, Seb would start from pole position. And the race would be held some hours to go. Since the second trial finished, Seb looked more confident. As Britta said, Seb could focus much on the last 2 races.

Clara thought that would be incredible if Seb won both races, because he would make a new record for himself, 9 consecutive wins. She hoped he could do that.

Sebastien was also great on previous day. Although he only replaced Scott temporarily, but he could get such a great result. The team had locked the front row on starting grid.

"So Seb, what is the schedule for the next trial?" Heikki asked.

Clara was still daydreaming when Seb suddenly took her glass of apple juice and drank it. She glared at him, and he just grinned. But of course she couldn't be angry at him. She laughed silently.