Chapter 10: Shanghai

Clara tried to forget about the incident that happened at the Malaysian GP. She was sure that her team was professional enough to handle their internal issue. Seb himself had apologized to the team, especially to Scott. And he had also forgiven him. But she wasn't sure whether he said it in his mouth only or he really forgave him deep from the bottom of his heart.

As a friend, she always reminded her driver that he had to be able to control his emotion and solved the problems he faced with a cool head. She would always had his back. Unfortunately, after that race, some F1 fans insulted him and even some F1 legends criticized him.

The following race was in Shanghai, China. Clara never came to the country before. Some things that she knew about China was that it was a very big country and the people there upheld their culture very well. They arrived in Shanghai on Tuesday evening because on the following day, Seb would have an event with the team's title sponsor, Infiniti.

"Welcome to Shanghai, Cla!"

"Thanks, Seb. It's such a nice experience to come here."

"Yeah, I felt the same when I came here for the first time."

"And the Chinese GP is special for you too, right?" she guessed as he gave Red Bull's maiden win there, back in 2009.

"Of course! I won for the first time with Red Bull here. Hmm, I think that you'll like the foods here. I'm so sure of it."

Trying some Chinese cuisines was one of her to-do lists. "I can't wait to try it!"

---

On Wednesday, Seb did the filming session to promote an Infiniti car. The filming itself had a quite unique concept, as there was a scene where he cooked a Chinese food with a famous Chinese female chef, Tzu-i Chuang Mullinax.

She brought him to a traditional market in Shanghai, and she also taught him to cook Lucky Soup and make Fortune Cookies, special food and cookies from China. Clara couldn't hold her laugh when she was watching him cook.

He was a little surprised when he saw a big knife which was used by Tzu-i. She thought that it was because he always cooked something simple that didn't need a big knife like that, so he probably didn't own it.

The filming hadn't finished yet. After they finished cooking, he was interviewed. He explained again about what had happened on the previous race. He also said that he tried to forget it and looked forward for the Chinese GP race that weekend.

In the afternoon, the filming finally finished. He walked up to his press officer with a happy but tired face. Then, she threw a bottle of water to him which he immediately caught. After he drank it, he gave it back to her. "Thanks, Cla."

She smiled at him. "How's your day?"

"What a nice day!"

"Good. And... you've proven me that you can cook, Seb!" she laughed.

He shrugged. "Not really. I just helped her a little bit."

She was a little curious about the food he cooked. "Are those delicious? Maybe you can try to cook them at home."

"Yes, those are tasty for sure. I'll try it next time and you will be the first person in the team to try the Chinese cuisine I make," Seb chuckled.

"Really? What an honour!"

He chuckled. "So, what is the next event?"

"Your next event is... sleeping at the hotel!"

Both of them laughed. "That's the best event!"

"So, let's go back to the hotel!"

"Sure, Miss Rutherford."

Seb chuckled while Clara rolled her eyes and smiled. They went back to their hotel to take a rest. At the hotel, before he went to his room, he invited her to go to a restaurant, only with him in the evening.