Chapter 23: Birthday

It's summer break time! Every time Clara opened her eyes in the morning, she could see the sunlight very clearly. She jumped from the bed and looked outside through the window.

But, summer season that year was very different compared to the previous ones. From 2010 to 2012, she worked at a company, morning to afternoon, Monday to Friday. Some hours working in front of a computer.

On the contrary, in 2013, she had a lot of times to relax at her house. Or she sometimes flew to Switzerland, to Seb's house. And she only had one job to do during the summer break.

She had to accompany him to Venlo, the Netherlands. There was an ads filming in that city with one of his sponsors, Tirendo. And that was going to be held on her birthday.

They were going to fly from Zurich airport at 10 in the morning and they had to be ready around two hours before the flight. Clara took a bath and after that she wore her t-shirt and skirt. When she was combing her hair, she heard Seb's footsteps and he knocked the door.

"Wait a minute, Seb!"

"Hurry up, Cla! It's almost 8."

"Alright."

Then, Clara took her suitcase and backpack. She made sure that nothing was left behind. Thereafter, she opened the door. Seb was also ready with his suitcase.

"You're very slow, Ms. Clara."

Clara crossed her arms in front of her chest. "I'm kinda changing my plan. What if you go alone?"

"No, please don't. You know that I can't go alone. Come on."

They laughed as he knew that it was impossible if he went alone. They brought their suitcases and left his house. They used a train to reach Zurich. On their way, she explained to him about the location that would be used to make the ads. Then, precisely at 10 they flew to Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam.

That would be her second time to visit the Netherlands. She had visited Amsterdam with her parents on her vacation when she was still studying at high school. She loved to take so many photos there.

The day had passed for hours and she had just realized that the day was her birthday, but Seb hadn't said anything to her. She was afraid if he forgot, but she decided to throw away that thinking. She made herself sure that his main focus was on what he would do in the evening.

Three hours after, they arrived at Schiphol Airport. And as usual, some people at the airport recognized Seb, so they ran immediately and took some photos with him. Some of them also needed some helps from Clara to take photos with their smartphones.

An hour later, they arrived in Venlo. Venlo was as good as Amsterdam. Seb and Clara arrived at their hotel where they were going to stay at for one night only.

"It's 2:15 now."

"Yeah, and the filming is going to be started from 7 in the evening."

"It means that we can take a rest first, right?"

"Yup. Seb-"

"I'll see you tonight!"

He leaned forward and kissed her cheek. Then he walked to his room, and she entered hers as well. In her room, Clara checked her phone and she got so many birthday wishes from her parents, family, fellow team members, and even her ex-colleagues from her former office.

Sadly, her client and also her boyfriend was the one who hadn't wished her happy birthday. Again, she tried to throw away the negative thinking as there was still a time to meet him again that day.