Chapter 13: Sunny Spain

Author's note: Hi, readers! As I've told you on the previous chapter, I'll involve Jules in this chapter. This is a tribute for him because my story background is from 2013 season and as you all know that it was his first season in Formula 1. So, I decided to put him in this chapter. So, enjoy! :)

Spain was a very nice country. The country had some fantastic beaches and classic buildings. The weather was always warmer compared to Clara's hometown. She could see the sunshine clearly, so she had to wear sunglasses when she was walking.

On Friday morning, to be precise on the first practice session, Seb and Scott had the same problems on their gearboxes so they only finished the session on P19 and P20. But fortunately the problems were not a major one. An hour before the second practice started, the team had fixed them. So, they could finally perform a lot better and ended the session on the first and second place.

The following day, Seb had got a positive result on qualifying session. He would start from P3 behind Mercedes duo, Nico and Lewis. During the interview, he said that he was quite happy because the gap wasn't too far and he would try his best to win or at least get the podium on Sunday's race.

Just after the interview, Seb and Clara walked to the hospitality for lunch break. There, they had their lunch together with some of team members. After they had finished their foods, he had some time to talk some things to her.

"Cla, what do you think about Spain? Do you like this country?"

She smiled. "Hmm, yes of course I do. It's a lot warmer here, for sure. And I think that Barcelona is a very beautiful city."

"I agree. What about this circuit?"

"This isn't my favourite to be honest, but I think that the track is quite good."

"Yeah, and I'm so glad that I've won here two years ago."

"I watched that. What a superb race, Seb! The final lap was so tight between you and Lewis."

Seb was happy to know that Clara still remembered how the race went. "Thanks, Cla. Yeah, that was a great battle between Lewis and I. He is a tough competitor, without a doubt."

"Hmm by the way, do you like MotoGP?" She asked him that because she knew that the sport was very popular in Spain and most riders were from the country. It was one of her favourite sports to watch beside Formula 1.

"I don't follow it that much, to be honest, because you know that how busy I am. But of course, if I have some free time, I watch it at home. What about you?"

"I do like it! Do you probably have a favourite rider there? Some great riders come from Spain, you know."

Seb shrugged. "To be honest, I don't have a favourite rider. All of them are good. But if I have to choose, then I prefer Marc Márquez. He's a great young talent. You?"

"Me? Without a doubt, Dani Pedrosa. Even though he hasn't won the title in the premier class, but I always believe that he is a talented rider. I hope that I can meet him one day."

"Nice choice. He is also a great rider. I wish that you could meet him. By the way, I should go back to the garage. I have so many tasks to do."

"Sure. I'll still be here if you need me."

Seb immediately got back to the garage. He didn't waste any single time to work again with all mechanics there. He was very enthusiastic to face the race on Sunday.

They returned to the hotel at about 8 in the evening. Before they went back to their rooms, they had their dinner there. Even though they were having dinner, Seb couldn't stay silent. He kept discussing about the strategy with Rocky and others.