Chapter 25: Alone

After Seb visited Clara once again at the hospital on Wednesday morning, he went to the hotel to take all of his suitcases before he flew to Belgium.

He never attended the race without his PR manager. He had no idea what he had to do without Clara. He didn't know who would accompany him when he would be interviewed by the media. He didn't know who would arrange his schedules.

At the airport, Seb sat down and unlocked his phone. He saw so many photos of Clara and himself. He was worrying her. He hoped that she could get well so soon.

Not long after that, Nira came closer and sat next to him. She glanced at the photos of Clara on Seb's phones. She was also sad because Clara couldn't come to Belgian GP race.

"Seb, I know you will miss her," she said, stroking his shoulder. She could feel his sadness.

"Yeah Nira. As you know, Britta always accompanied me to all races before she resigned. So this is my first time to come to the race without my PR."

"And also girlfriend," she added, which made him smile.

"Yes," his heart became warm every time he realized that Clara was his girlfriend.

"I've talked with her at the hospital. She wants me to manage your schedule for Belgian GP. I've also told that to our boss and he allows me to do that. Do you mind if I replace her for this week?" Nira asked.

"If that's what she wants, I don't mind," he agreed. He was glad that he finally got the answer.

"Good. I hope Clara gets well very soon and she can come back on next race."

"I hope so."

In the end, Seb knew that Nira would replace Clara's position at Belgian GP. But as Nira said, with full of hope Clara could come back at Italian GP.

---

Next day, Seb started his day at Spa-Francorchamps circuit with track walk activity. He tried to focus with the data on the papers that he brought. But, he couldn't lie, he always thought about Clara.

After he walked with his team for about 7 kilometers, they came back to the garage. Usually, Clara waited for him there. But she wasn't there. He felt so alone without her.

"Seb," Nira touched Seb's shoulder.

"Eh, hi Nira."

"Are you ready for the interview?"

"I must be ready, because they are waiting for me, right?"

Nira chuckled. "Haha yes you're right."

"Wait. What about Scott?"

"He has done the interview a few minutes ago."

"Hmm okay."

Then, Seb and Nira walked to the paddock where some reporters were waiting for the drivers, including himself.

At the paddock, they asked him the questions about the track condition, prediction for Sunday's race, and many more.

In the end, they realized that the woman who accompanied him was Scott's PR, not Clara. So one of them asked about that to him just after they finished the interview session.

"Sorry Seb, but where's your PR? That's Scott's PR, right?" The reporter pointed at Nira.

"Oh yeah she is Nira. My PR, Clara, is hospitalized because she is suffering typhus," he explained.

"Oh, so sorry to know that. When will she come back?"

"I don't know, she must rest for about a week. Hopefully she can come back on next race."