Part 9

"I know how to get you out of there myself, you just need to trust me."

"I don't think I can."

He lets out an amused chuckle, and goes to sit in the other chair in front of me.

"We'll try to change that," he said, holding eye contact, "but for now, I need you to listen closely and take a deep breath,"

"Why do you keep telling me to take deep breaths?" I asked him cautiously, I wouldn't want him mad but the way he keeps asking the same thing over and over so calmly is unsettling.

He leaned into the table, our faces inches apart, i can feel my face blushing and I try to move my face away but he holds it softly and moves his fingers in a motion to wipe my tears.

"When I was younger I've had situations like this, where I cried and nobody was there to comfort me, deep breaths helped, a little at least," he smiled and got back to his seat, "you however, you do have someone who can comfort you and help, you just don't feel comfortable with it yet and that's okay, that's totally-perfectly fine, I want you to take your time."

"And who is that exactly?"

He chuckles again, god why does he make me feel this way.

"And you say Eleven's oblivious," he looks at lips for a second and continues to talk normally in his serene tone, "you, Val, you complete me, I feel like I finally found my missing piece, the part of me that I've been fighting my entire life to find, and there you are, sitting across from me"

I stiffened, I don't know what to say, I feel like I'm starting to gain feelings that I shouldn't be even thinking about, no one have ever told me this before, I've never experienced this kind of affection before, it's new, it's amazing, but I should still think before acting.l, so I tried ignoring his words.

"Can I... can I sit here for awhile, I... I just... I don't want to go back with Papa, especially after..."

"It's okay, you can stay here as long as you'd like," he smiles at me, "I can keep you here until Papa finishes his business with Eleven, then she's going to escape with you on a yellow van, remember, a yellow van."

"What?... what's Papa's business with Eleven? Who's van is that? How-"

"Just," he closes his eyes for a moment and returns his gaze to me with a serene look, "trust me on this one, I can see, hear, and touch anything, how do you think I got you here?," he chuckles playfully and puts his hands on the table while leaning in.

"I'll let you stay here until Papa gives Eleven her memories back, then after that by some time people would start knowing the lab's location and Eleven would help you escape," he looks at my confused state and tries to make things more clear for me, "I can see the police planning, I can see her friends planning on finding her, and I can definitely see Eleven with Papa trying to return her powers, Valerie, please, trust me."

"Okay... I will," I said softly, feeling my stiff figure calming down, "what about you?"

"What about me?" He asks smiling sweetly.

"What're going to do? Are you out there? Do I need to find you?"

"The only person you should be worrying about is yourself, I'm okay, you're going to be okay, everything's going to be perfectly fine, just..."

"Trust me, yeah I get it, I do,"

He smiles and laughs quietly, he holds my hand from across the table and looks into my eyes.

"I was going to say don't mention me to anyone, but yes that also," his touch leaves my fingers and I'm left wanting more, he goes back into his seat, and sits there looking at me, the silence is making me nervous but I can tell he likes it, he seems to be enjoying the silence between us.

"Thank you, Henry, I don't know what I'd..."

"I don't need anything in return," he smiles, "you just being here means so much to me,"

I couldn't help but smile, this didn't feel awkward, it felt... nice, he was making me feel like I'm wanted, like I'm worth his time.

"You are."

"Huh?"

"You're worth every second of my future."

"...Huh?"

When did I even say that out loud?

What the fuck?

———————————————————————————

If there's any issues with the story, please tell me I'll appreciate it.

Thank you for reading!<33