Part 16

"Yes, I would." I said without hesitating, he smiled softly at me, but it didn't take seconds for the smile to drop slowly, he must be deep in thought.

"You should know... that I'm not like this, this is only the form you remember from years ago, everything changed since then." He muttered in a low voice, his tone seemed sad.

I stood in silence, what is he talking about? Everything changed? I stay silently, letting my mind wander and think, I can't accept some offer that would change my life together without thinking about it.

I mean, anything would be better than the lab, but I still needed confirmation on how good of an idea this is, hell maybe Henry was lying to me, I still don't know.

He lied to Eleven, why wouldn't he do the same to me?

He noticed me thinking for a long time, he smiled weakly and let go of my shoulder, and chuckled softly and looked straight into my eyes.

"I'm sorry for putting you in the spot, I'll give you time, maybe by the end of this you'll truly understand, for now..." he leaned in closer to me, still smiling. "I'd like you to continue what you started."

Of course.

He's talking about the chaos I've caused back in that pizza place, now that I'm thinking about it, I've been here for a long time now, i definitely look suspicious.

"Alright, take me back."

"See you later, Val." He gently hold my hand and smiled at me before everything disappears and I'm back yet again in the bathroom stall.

"Valerie? Are you in here? I need to talk to you."

It was Will's voice.

Shit

Shit

Shit

Shit

"One second!" I don't know what to do, he's probably mad at me, Mike also, I mean, he's always mad at me, but now that I've actually done something...

I'm feeling guilty.

I open the door and fake gasp.

"Will! This is the women's bathroom! What're you doing?!" I said, god... someone give me an Oscar.

"That's the men's bathroom actually."

"Oh..." I take it back, don't give me anything.

I must've forgot to check, god I was just too blinded by Henry.

"Fine, what do you want?" I gave up, too easy, I know. But the more I try to hide it, the more I'm digging my own grave.

"Why did you tell Mike that I was crying? I wasn't!"  He obviously lied, I had to think of a reason that makes sense, it took me a moment.

I got it.

"You never told me what was wrong, even though it was pretty obvious, so I figured you didn't tell me because we weren't close. I noticed... nobody acknowledged how you felt" I look sadly at him, acting like I genuinely cared, "so I tried helping by telling Mike, thinking he would comfort you, but instead he screams at you... why're you blaming me Will? I was only trying to help, and by looking at it..."

I looked out the bathroom door, gesturing to Mike as I continued, "I did help you understand how bad of a friend he is, you're angry at him, right? But you don't want to take it out on him because you value your friendship, so instead you take it out on me,"

"Val I..."

"No... no it's fine, I get it, it's just I can't wrap my head around why you see him as all that, when he doesn't even acknowledge your existence at times, you don't deserve that, Will."

Poor Mike, I barely even know the guy, I don't even know if he's a good friend or not, but I needed to do this.

God I feel like Papa, just thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach.

"I'm sorry, i really am, I never thought of it that way... I'm... I'm gonna go now." He pointed to the door awkwardly before leaving, he's obviously confused and overwhelmed, poor boy.

I get outside the bathroom, and they still haven't done any progress with their mini pizza dough tub or whatever that is.

I look to the side and Eleven is sitting all by herself, she seemed extremely sad, it looks like she's still blaming everything on herself.

In the table in front of her Jonathan was sitting with Argyle, they were chatting about god knows what, but I've noticed the stressed look on Jonathan's face.

Mike was in the kitchen going back and fourth, he seemed mad and pretty deep in thought.

Will however, he was sitting in the corner all alone, he was looking out the window, he was tearing up.

Taking a look at all of them, I froze.

This is wrong.

This is so wrong.

I can't keep doing this.

I almost wanted to vomit, I wanted to cry, 10 minutes ago they were all happy, now I've ruined everything, and I'm going to probably cause their friendship to end.

I felt the guilt eating me inside out.

"Valerie? Are you okay?"

I didn't know who was calling for me, it's probably Eleven since the voice was feminine, I felt dizzy, I feel evil, I hated it.

I'm exactly like Papa.

My head never stopped spinning.

If I help them, I'm betraying Henry, if I help Henry, I'm betraying El.

What if I just don't help anyone.

Then I'm betraying everyone.

My head keeps spinning once more, I hear voices calling for me, everything is blurry, until I felt my knees collapsing.

And everything went black.

———————————————————————————

I know... I'm late... oops....

Anyways let's forget that happened for a moment.

put yourself in Valerie's shoes for a second, she's always been with Papa and Henry, and they're both very manipulative, so naturally, she would inherit some of those skills.

If something doesn't make sense please tell me, I'd be more than happy to correct my mistakes!

Other than that, thank you so much for reading and I'll be writing the next chapter soon!!! I think...?