Part 10

I woke up to see myself in a bed, in a white clean room, it felt trippy, something weird was going on, I twisted the doorknob and found that this room was in the middle of nowhere in this red place Henry is so obsessed over for some reason.

I started walking around this place he calls the upside down, and just let my mind wonder off to a world where everything is okay, a world where I wake up, go to school and interact with people... normal ones.

But I know this type of thing is never going to happen, I'm not normal, I'm never going to be, I won't live a normal life, I simply just can't.

My thoughts were cut short when I felt a hand on my shoulder, I froze and slowly turned back.

It's him.

"Oh my god don't do that again you scared me,"

"Oh no I can't give you a promise," he chuckled and then noticed my face filled with annoyance, "it's a habit."

We just stand there for a bit, and while doing so I take my chance to actually see his face closely, he was an exceptionally handsome man, he's taller than me, his hair looks... god what am I thinking, that's a murderer I'm looking at.

I quickly notice that he's wearing the lab uniform he used to wear all those years ago.

"I never knew you liked these clothes so much." I said sarcastically, waiting for him to get the gist and answer telling me the reason he's still wearing this.

"It's because that's how you remember me," he finally lets go of my shoulder and goes to stand in front of me with his hands behind his back, "and it reminds me of the day when I first fell for you,"

"You keep doing the thing!"

"Hm?" He tilts his head a bit to the side showing me his confused, though still keeping his sweet little smile.

"You keep saying you fell for me and that you like me? I don't understand where all of this came from, I barely even know you, I mean we talked, but it wasn't romantic like you keep recalling them!" His expression doesn't change, its like he already knows I would've asked this one way or another, he leans forward and his voice gets quieter.

"During what happened at the lab, I knocked Papa unconscious and Eleven threw me here in this place, when I was here I learned new things about myself, I started realizing that the world means nothing, that-"

"Get to the point."

"Right, Papa tried erasing your memories, he already added the thing on your head and everything was ready, when it started working I realized what was happening and made an illusion in Papa's head of him already erasing your memories, so when his consciousness comes back, he gets so sure that this situation already happened and have already been done, but little did he know he stopped it halfway." He simply said." You lost some memories in the process, but at least not all."

"But I did always mention stuff from my past and he never did anything about it?" This conversation was making my head hurt, I don't even understand how he thought about all of this before Papa managed to erase all of my memories. Henry let's put a soft chuckle after making eye contact with me again.

"You sure do ask a lot of questions," he pauses for a moment after completing his sentence, "You were the only girl on the lab who Papa never quite understood, and it's why whenever something unusual happens, he always believes it has something to do with your powers, and most of the time, it does have something to do with it."

"Huh?"

"He just never tells you,"

"Why?"

"Because Papa is afraid of anything that gets in the way, anything stronger, anything he can't control," he reaches for my cheek with his cold fingers and caresses softly before continuing, "I told you we're both alike, we just chose different paths. And I'm here to lead you, Valerie, with us together we can do anything and everything at any time we want."

"I still don't know what he's hiding about me, I feel like I don't even know anything anymore..."

"Just wait and everything will work out just fine, perfectly I might even add, just follow my lead and you're going to have a future you never thought you'd have, I mean, that was my case" he smiles before checking the big grandfather clock in the wall next to him, "I believe Eleven is done with Papa, are you ready to go back or do you need more time for yourself."

I took a deep breath, and looked up at him, his smiling state comforting me like it always did, I nod my head.

"I'm ready."

————————————————————————

This chapter was full of explaining, I hope it makes sense, I tried so hard making sense out of this entire plot and that's the best I can come up with at the moment.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter<3