Part 12

I'm sitting next to the long haired driver, he seemed chill, and that's exactly what I needed after a long day of confusion and exhaustion.

Jonathan was right behind me next to Eleven, he was sleeping.

Will and Mike were chatting about some painting, it felt like a serious conversation, and it's why I didn't want to interfere, first because it's none of my business, and second because I don't feel like knowing what's happening, my life's full of shitty situations in itself.

The atmosphere was pretty quiet until...

"You know, for a Nina I think you're pretty tall," Argyle said randomly, i smiled and looked at him.

"Who's Nina?"

"Dude... how'd you not know Nina, we've been trying to find this little woman for ages man." He said while looking ahead at the road.

"I kinda wasn't with you," I said sarcastically.

"Oh... right." Is this guy on something or is this just his humor, a laugh escaped my mouth, I've never had such a conversation before.

I looked at the side mirror and found Will crying, he looked like he was trying to hide it from Mike so I didn't want to embarrass him by asking what's wrong.

I leaned in to Argyle and he leaned in too, not knowing what I even want to do.

"What's with them?" I whispered, he barely heard me but it works.

"Oh, Bowl dude's been having a bad day today, I don't know man, he could've just asked me and I could've saved him hours ago,"

"How?"

"Ohohoho!" He laughs looking back at the road and side eyeing me joyfully, his voice is now very loud, "dude... let me just tell you right now, I got the best solution for everything, and that solution is the the purple-"

"No," Jonathan seemed to have waken up by Argyle loud voice.

"What?" I asked, I don't understand what's happening anymore, I was only asking about Will and now he's very happy about something Jonathan doesn't want to tell me about.

"Jonathan's just keeping it a secret because his mom would kill him if she finds out, real weird,"

"What do you mean real weird? That's a normal reaction,"

"Don't stereotyping moms Jonathan... that's not cool man," he said with genuine sadness in his voice, i look behind me and Jonathan just looks so done, it almost makes me laugh, Their interactions are weird which makes the atmosphere less boring.

"Guys, where are we going?" I asked.

"To... where are we going?" Argyle repeated, making Jonathan suddenly shout.

"WHAT? You've been driving for an hour now what do you mean where are we going?!" He screamed angrily from behind me.

"I thought we were having a field trip man..."

Jonathan mentally facepamled, he pushed his head back looking annoyed.

They kept arguing about where to go, Eleven wanted to fly back to Hawkins and Jonathan keeps saying that it's impossible at this hour.

The voices started quieting down until I'm left with no one in the van.

I looked around me terrified, no one was driving, I started screaming and closed my eyes getting ready to die soon,

Until I heard a small chuckle.

"I told you it'll be okay"

"Don't you dare do this again" I said heavily sighing, and my my hands on my knees to collect myself again, "just... give me a warning or something."

"Will do." He smiled softly.

"Okay... what?"

"We don't have much time, while they're still arguing, try getting them somewhere else other than Hawkins, that is if you want them alive," he said calmly, and rather quickly.

"Why? What's happening in Hawkins?"

"Just do as i say,"

And before I spat out my next question I was back in the van Argyle staring at me weirdly.

"Dude... that's so trippy..."

"What? What's trippy?" I asked as he started giggling.

What's with him?

"I'm hungry," I said, just wanting to distract them like Henry told me to.

"Can't you just wait till tomorrow? We're kind of saving the world right now," Mike answered me, clearly annoyed.

"Can we save the world another day? I'm starving," I admit it, I don't know any way to distract people from saving the world or whatever they're saying. "I mean that's easy for you to say, I've been in a laboratory where they... uh... they starved me... yeah."

"You don't seem very sure, Val." Jonathan told me.

"Yeah well I'm starving." I said, Argyle let's out a laugh, and faces me.

"I know the best pizza... pepperoni, cheese, anything you want! even pineapple which isn't everyone's first choice but like I always say, try before you deny!" Argyle said like he's in some kind of ad.

Everyone looked at him confused, some even gave him a "are you being serious right now" look, I smiled at Argyle, he's making this way easier.

"He's got a point" I looked at the others expectedly, Mike seemed the most annoyed, Will looked unbothered, and Eleven's just confused.

"Yeah let's stop for a bit," Jonathan said.

Finally.

I don't even know what I'm distracting them from, but it better be a good reason because I'm not even hungry.

———————————————————————————

Henry doesn't care about Eleven or her friends, and it's why he doesn't want them in Hawkins, he doesn't want his plan to fail, that's why he wanted Valerie to help him, but little did he know surfer boy pizza is exactly what Eleven needs.

HAHA

Sorry

Hope you liked this chapter, I'm trying to add Henry as much as possible, tell me if I'm drifting away from the story because I'm really trying not to.

I also need to update their relationship a bit , because I didn't notice it's been really slow-burn till now, I'm sorry😭

Cya!!