Part 13

We entered the pizza place Argyle's been so excited to show us.

"Yoo sup my dude" some guy wearing something similar to Argyle shouted, Argyle looked happy to meet him and got closer, we followed him. "Nice shirt my dude."

"Thanks my dude!" And from there on they kept on chatting about random shit, and most of the chatting is just Argyle convincing his friend to get inside when the store is in fact about to close.

As we were waiting for their conversation to end, Eleven elbowed me hard enough to notice, I looked at her and she was wide eyed.

"The freezer."

"I'm gonna need you to be more specific," I pointed out, what's with the freezer?

"Vecna gets into people's minds, I can do so as well, so..."

"Who's Vecna?" I asked obliviously. I mean, would you blame me?

They all looked at me and Mike seemed the most annoyed.

"Seriously? We've been discussing how we're going to find him for hours now."

"Yeah well sorry I'm not interested in random people's conversations"

"Mike, she just got here." Will told him, I'm glad someone is on my side, Mike sighed and returned to whatever he was doing.

"Val, Vecna is 001." Eleven said.

"Wait what? Why're we trying to find One? Did he do something? What happened?" I asked, words coming out of my mouth without thinking.

"I'll tell you everything, wait." and then she just left, whispering something to Argyle, I suppose it's something that has to do with the freezer she's so interested in for some reason, he shouted to empty the freezer and Eleven took my arm while they're working and sat me down at a table.

"001 is the one who killed all the kids, he's a great danger to Hawkins and if we don't stop him... everyone will..." she didn't want to say it, but it was pretty obvious.

She kept explaining everything that happened with her and Papa and how she remembered everything, and she told me everything about how she planned on escaping with Henry but his change in personality scared her, since she was only a child back then.

Which left me shocked, not knowing which side I'm supposed to take.

"Um... I'm sorry El, i need to go to the bathroom, excuse me..." I said as I got up from my seat with no other words, i ran to the bathroom and closed the door.

Come on come on come on!

"Please..." I mumbled.

I few seconds later I see Henry standing in front of me, his expression was... different. He definitely knew about what Eleven just said, and he figured I'm here to talk about that, which is entirely true.

"Henry I-"

"I'm sorry for your brother."

"Huh?"

"I apologies for doing what I did to your brother, I didn't think it through, I figured it was best to just tell you that the moment I hurt him was the only moment where I felt guilt."

"It's... it's fine that was a long time ago, he was a douchebag I just brought him up to make you feel guilty." I admit, it hurt for a while but after that everything was back to normal, my brother was the biggest bully, he used to always comment on my weight, my hair, and especially my powers. Saying his was way better, and always trying out his stupid powers on me, which mentally and physically felt like shit.

"Well it worked," he lets out a small laugh, which almost made me forget why I was even here.

"Henry."

"Valerie" He answered, holding eye contact with me.

Oh my god.

"Tell me, why did you want me to distract them?" I asked truthfully, I wanted him to spill it out. I wanted to hear his side of the story. I expected his happy expression to drop, but he seemed too calm, like he always was.

"I thought you'd never ask," he smirked, "as you can possibly remember, Eleven ruined my chance of success while escaping with me, and basically threw me here, I simply wanted revenge and didn't want her to interfere and ruin my chance once again,"

"And by revenge you mean...?"

"Valerie, tell me how many people actually care about you in this world." He said, his face emotionless, I thought for a moment before speaking again.

"No one." It's true, Papa obviously didn't care about me, Eleven didn't even bother saving me from the lab after escaping, my only family member is dead, not to mention how much of a piece of shit he was to me.

Henry got closer and softly grabbed my jaw with both hands, "I'd say that's worth more than revenge, love."

I couldn't contain eye contact, he was making me nervous, but I do admit that he's completely right.

"...You're right" I said as my eyes wandered back to his, his lips turned upwards, he was smiling.

"It's not no one by the way," Henry said softly, his voice a bit lower this time.

"What?" I asked as saw him lean in, i didn't understand what he was saying but I followed his lead anyway.

"I care about you, Valerie" and before I knew it, his mouth was on mine, he kissed me gently on my lips for a quick moment and pulled away before I even collected my thoughts properly.

I stood there dumbfounded, shocked. I looked up at him and he was smiling down at me, he let go of my face.

"You know what to do," he smiled one last time and disappeared.

I'm back in the bathroom stall.

I heard aggressive knocking on the door.

"Val you there?! If you're dead say ah!" I didn't even have to recognize his voice to know that it was Argyle.

I stood there and collected my thoughts.

Henry just kissed me

Henry fucking kissed me

Holy shit

Holy fucking shit

It felt good

Wait?

It felt good?

No

Collect yourself

Oh my god.

I can't collect myself

This is hard

Argyle was still knocking on my bathroom stall, a few moments passed and Jonathan got inside the bathroom and I heard him speak.

"What're you doing here?"

"I'm innocent!" Argyle said looking completely suspicious, I laughed and simply opened the door and left, leaving them both behind confused.

"Innocent?" Jonathan finally asked.

"Woah dude, I think you just bought her back to life." He said casually and left the bathroom to check on the pizza that he put in the oven earlier.

"What?"

———————————————————————————

Let me remind you guys, this relationship isn't healthy, it's full of manipulation, just putting that out there.

Henry's using Valerie's loneliness to his advantage, he does care for her and love her, it's not a lie, and that's exactly why he's trying to keep her to himself.

If things are going quickly between them please do tell!

Thank you so much for +1k reads!! I'm SO grateful, honesty still shocked how people are actually reading this, like holy shit...