Chapter 21

I figured Austin would let go of my hand once we were closer to the school's front doors, but he pulled me closer to his side. I honestly didn't know what to make of all this. I didn't want to read too much into it, but it was also hard not to. Then, while I was still trying to wrap my head around what happened, Sophie flew up on us, nudging me with her elbow. I shook my head calmly, letting her know now wasn't the time. I didn't want to talk about Austin with him right beside me. Which meant later, I'd be bombarded with questions about what happened. 

Austin walked me to my locker as kids stopped in their tracks to stare at us when we walked past them. I didn't have to guess what they were thinking either because I was thinking the same exact thing...What the hell is Austin doing with me? The looks on their faces gave away what they were thinking, too. Their eyes were big with shock, and their mouths were hitting the floor as their friends whispered close to their ears. Even though I couldn't hear the whispers, I knew what they were whispering behind our backs as we walked down the hallway. It wasn't hard to figure out. Hell, I was asking myself the same question...Why was Austin holding my hand for everyone to see? 

"I've got to get to class, but I'll see you later, okay?" Austin leaned down close to my ear; his lips brushed against the side of my face. I wanted him to pin me against the locker, pressing his hard body against mine while he caressed my body. "Rylee?" 

"Huh?" I snapped out of my sex-ridden daydream. 

"I know what you were thinking." He smirked. 

"What were you thinking?" Sophie asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Was it that obvious?" I opened my locker door, looking in the mirror hanging on the door. 

"Yes and no." She laughed, opening her locker. "What are you looking for anyway?" 

I peeked around my locker door at her. "My cheeks." 

"No one can see your blushing cheeks." She laughed even harder, closing her locker door. 

"Why are we worried about Rylee's blushing cheeks?" Cole asked, walking up. "By the way, I heard what happened outside. Way to go!" He winked. "Austin's hot." He nudged me with his elbow. "So, back to why are we worried about her cheeks?" 

"Rylee was having a hot daydream a few minutes ago." Sophie started laughing again. 

"Who can blame her? He's hot as hell. I'd be daydreaming about him too. Rylee, I'll see you in English. I've got to get to class. Bye." He headed down the hall and turned to the right. 

"Come on before we're late for Biology, and Mr. Crawford has our heads on a tray." Sophie tugged on my arm, pulling me away from my locker. 

                                                                                       ****

I couldn't tell you what happened in Biology; my mind was still out in the parking lot with Austin. As for English, I wish I could say the same about it, but unfortunately, my mind stayed focused on Taylor. She was rather calm in English, which had me on the edge of my chair because I knew she was up to something. I didn't trust her at all. She didn't even have one snide remark toward me, which was so unlike her. I couldn't begin to tell you how uneasy it made me feel; my stomach was in knots most of the class while my heartbeat echoed in my ears. 

Math class was a nice reprieve from dealing with Taylor, but then again, there was no dealing with her in English. I could sit there in class and keep my mind focused on what Mr. Elliott was teaching without having to look over my shoulder every five minutes, waiting for someone to jump me. Cole even commented on how she acted in class, which didn't make me feel any more comfortable with the situation. Usually, he wouldn't say anything, so if he was saying something, then something was way off.