Eighteen

Ben was teaching a growing Daneel how to play catch as Wanda stood by and watched the two. Daneel had started to show signs of her powers similar to Wanda's but she wasn't ready to teach her how to use them. It wasn't until one night when the child was in bed that Ben and Wanda were sat on the porch watching the night sky.

"I think we should start to teach Daneel control soon." Ben told Wanda who gave him a glare. She stood up and shook her head as her eyes filled with tears threatening to fall.

"No. She's too young." She told him sternly.

"Wanda, she needs to learn how to control her powers before it's too late and you're the only one who can teach her." He told her calmly. He noticed the red hues shimmering faintly in her green irises as she tried to keep her anger at bay.

"No Benjamin. It's too soon." She told him, her accent coming through thick as she spoke. "She is a child and if I train her it will mean that soon enough she may have to defend herself."

"But Wanda, it is the best thing for her. Yes we will always be here to protect her but what happens when the day comes that we can't protect her and she isn't ready." He tried to reason with her. It was slowly sinking in that it is for the best since they have had a few close calls since before she was born. She knew that she would need to learn eventually and Wanda is the only one who they trust that can teach her how to control it. Wanda had tears coming down her cheeks as Ben wrapped his arms around her, comforting her.

"If I do it, it all becomes real that there is a possibility that she will be in danger. I just don't want to lose either of you. I have lost everything before and it broke me until you stumbled into my life." She sobbed as Ben just held her.

"You are not going to lose either of us Wanda. You are simply teaching her how to defend herself if ever she needs to because we won't always be there." He told her and she just listened this time. "It's like them going to school and learning maths and science. It's setting them up for life and what they decide to do with it." She pulled back from him and it broke his heart to see her so broken up about this. He pressed a gentle kiss to her lips before he pulled her back into his embrace. They both stayed like that for a while before Ben heard soft snores coming from the redhead in his arms. He carried her to their room and lay her down gently before he started to take her shoes and clothes off before putting a shirt of his on her and covering her up. He went to make sure that everything was clear before he locked up and turned out the lights before joining Wanda in bed for the night.

As the weeks went by, Wanda had begun to teach the growing child how to use her powers to defend herself. Ben even offered to help with the self defence lessons which she loved it. Wanda didn't really know what she was worried about. She saw how much Daneel thrived on the lessons even though they only lasted an hour a day. They didn't want to do too much and tire her out.

They all soon found themselves playing football outside the cabin as Wanda had prepared a picnic as it was a nice spring day. So the three of them were throwing the ball around. Wanda and Daneel had started to communicate through their minds and decided to team up on Ben when he had the ball.

"Get him!" Daneel shouted as both her and Wanda chases him around the cabin. Wanda used her powers to tackle him and pinned him down with her face just hovering above his.

"You got me." He whispered making her smirk before she leant down to his ear brushing her lips against the skin.

"I've always had you, you just didn't know it." She husked out before biting on his ear making him groan before she shouted Daneel for dinner before bed. Ben lay there and watched as she walked away with Daneels hand in hers swaying her hips with every step teasingly. He couldn't help but think of the times that they had spent together between the sheets. He still couldn't believe that someone as beautiful as Wanda hasn't been with anyone else.

Once Daneel was in bed, Ben joined Wanda in the kitchen as she baked some cookies for the next day.

"So, I think we should get married like officially." He told her with a smile which she returned.

"Really?" She asked him hopefully.

"Yeah. I want to be with you for the rest of my life Wanda, have more kids and then maybe grandkids in the future." He told her softly as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"That sounds amazing." She whispered before he lifted her up on the counter and stood between her legs.

"Maybe sometime in the future we could move into the city, buy our own house with a nice garden for you to grow you fruit and vegetables." He told her as she smiled picturing the perfect life. She would be able to see Sam and Bucky after so long. Maybe even reach out to Natasha too.

"I would love nothing more than to build a life with you." She whispered before she pulled him in for a sweet innocent kiss. Both content to see what their future together holds.

AN

And the fluff train continues. Let me know what you guys think