Twenty One

As Ben and Nat were stood on the porch looking over the lake as they were having their heart to heart, Hayward had got the pilot to land the jet at the other side of the lake beside the jet that Nat and Vision came in. Both Nat and Ben stood up straight as the saw the other jet. It was different to the Quinjet, it was more modern and it was bigger. I suppose that is right considering that Tony Stark is now dead. He was the brains behind the Avengers tech. 

"I don't suppose that's someone you know?" Ben asked the spy as she shook her head.

"No it's not one of ours." Nat told him as he started to step off of the porch. "Don't Ben, you don't know who it is and why they are here. They could be a threat." Nat warned him.

"I can handle myself Nat. I need to make sure that Wanda and Daneel will remain safe." He told her as she just sighed knowing that there is no way to sway him because if she was in his shoes, she would do the same. 

"This doesn't seem like a good idea Benjamin." Khonshu spoke as they started to approach the other jet. 

"It's the only idea there is. I am not chancing whoever it is getting any closer to Wanda or Daneel." He told the god who huffed. 

"You will out yourself and I Benjamin." Khonshu spoke as Ben begged for the god to shut up. "It can be catastrophic for us both." 

"I want to check out if they are a threat or not so you can either help me or just shut the fuck up." Ben told him. Khonshu decided it was best to do the latter instead. He didn't want any part in this unless he had to for Ben's safety. Wanda and Vision came outside after hearing Nat trying to convince Ben not to approach the jet.

"What is going on?" Wanda asked the assassin as they all watched Ben approach the jet in which the hatch was opening. 

"I am not sure yet but he wanted to check it out." Nat told her as she kept her eyes on the jet. They watched as someone exited the jet and approached Ben.

"Who are you?" Ben asked the unknown man who smirked at him as two dozen agents followed behind him. 

"Director Tyler Hayward, SWORD." He said as he held his hand out for Ben to shake. 

"Sorry, germaphobe." Ben spoke as he looked at the outstretched hand before him. "Why are you here?" He asked, wanting to get to the bottom of their unwanted presence. 

"We have reason to believe that Wanda Maximoff resides here. We have a warrant for a detainment." He spoke as he waved a piece of paper.

"I don't know who that is. Why do you think she is here?" Ben asked him as he reached his hand out for the warrant which Tyler was reluctant to hand over. 

"That is none of your business." He told Ben as Ben scoffed see that the so called warrant was just a blank piece of paper.

"I believe it is my business when you trespass on my land with a blank piece of paper thinking I am stupid to believe a word you say." Ben said as he scrunched the paper up and threw it at him. "Go back inside the cabin Wanda. Keep Daneel safe." Ben spoke to Wanda through his mind as he stared down at Hayward.

"Give us the witch and we will be on our way." Hayward spoke as the 24 agents aimed their weapons at Ben.

"I told you this was a stupid STUPID idea." Khonshu spoke out as Ben wanted him to just shut up.

"We don't have the witch you seek." Ben spoke as the agents all cocked their weapons. Wanda watched as the lasers where all pointed at Ben ready to make him into a cheese grater. 

"You need to summon the suit now." Khonshu spoke as Ben agreed mentally with the god since the situation was getting out of hand. 

"This is your last chance to give us Wanda or I will tell my agents to shoot." Hayward smirked at Ben but he doesn't know that they all won't stand a chance against him. 

"I will not give you Wanda." He sneered as he summoned the suit just in time for the agents to start firing their weapons. He managed to take them down as both Vision and Wanda flew over to help and left Daneel within the safety of Nat. Wanda managed to catch Hayward before he got to the jet. 

"Maximoff." He greeted her coldly. 

"Hayward." She snarled as her accent came out thick. "Why can't you leave me alone." She asked him.

"You know I have to take you in. You hurt a lot of people Wanda. You can't just walk away from that unscathed." Hayward told her as he kept his eyes on the witch's hands as her magic danced around her fingers. 

"You stole Vision's body." She told him as she tilted her head. "You blamed that on me. You got everyone to believe you were the hero in all of this." She told him as she stepped closer as Vision and Ben had almost taken down every agent that Hayward brought with him. "Why are you the one that is trying to cover up their own mistakes. You stopped me from putting my partner to rest."

"He was too valuable to be buried in the soil Wanda. Billions worth of vibranium buried would have been a waste." He told her. "The wrong people would have dug up his grave and stole it. So in reality I did you a favour. And he is alive." He said as Ben and Vision now stood behind Hayward after they had taken out the agents with ease. 

"So that's how you tracked Wanda here. You tracked Vision." Ben confirmed when he was back in his usual clothes. 

"Exactly. Smart right." Hayward spoke as he turned to face Ben. Ben approached him with a stoic expression.

"Extremely smart." Ben nodded before he punched Hayward. sending him to the floor holding his jaw. "Especially if you want to get your ass kicked by a witch and her fiance." He said as he kicked him again. "Would you like to finish him my love?" Ben asked Wanda sweetly. 

"It would be my pleasure to." Wanda smiled as she kissed Ben before she used her powers and threw Hayward as far away as possible. With the impact he was going to have with the floor, he was sure as hell not going to be able to survive it.

"Are you ok?" Ben asked Wanda as he cupped her cheeks. 

"I am fine baby." She replied sweetly as she gave him a soft kiss. 

"I shall dispose of their jet." Vision spoke as he started up Haywards jet and flew it away. 

"Let's go back inside my love." Ben said as he wrapped his arm around his fiance and they started to walk around to the cabin where Nat stood with Daneel waiting patiently for them. Now they only had to come up with a plan to stop Chthon. 

AN

This book is nearing it's end in the next few chapters guys. let me know what you all think of the book so far.