The Silent Hunter

Prolonged silence interrupted by the sound of rain hitting tall, wide windows. The moon still out but no longer exposed, gleams hiding behind gray clouds. Wide-awake eyes that tell of a deprived sleep cycle. Everything, together enveloped into a routine schedule for Sabine Callas, also known as Viper for Earth's Valorant Protocol, the chemist from America. Awaking to a dark room, still hours before dawn, she watches her alarm tick by until it finally chimes at 5 a.m. She rises and gets ready for her day, still before anyone else's has yet to start. Making sure to keep her hygiene in check, she proceeds to maintain her physique and work out, running on a treadmill first. She runs in place, listlessly gazing through the big windows onto the dark city she is surrounded by as the sun only barely begins to rise. The lethargic patterns that Sabine's life revolves around has numbed her and feels normal now. Closed-off and isolated, she enjoys her time alone and seemingly has no need for companionship. Once her workouts are finished, she heads to the shower and cleans herself off, practically ready to set off for the day.

  Beginning the full day, Viper makes a cup of coffee, the grounded beans perfectly measured. Always the particular type, she won't conform for anything or anyone, not even the constant ringing of her phone as she pours herself the cup. Brimstone, the head of the Valorant Protocol, can't even interfere with Viper's daily rituals. Waking early, washing up, working out, showering and making coffee are flawlessly engrained into her body and mind, as if she has OCD. After finally finishing her cup, the whole time being unbothered by the dozens of missed calls, Viper dials the VP and Brimstone picks up- used to her antics, unheated.

Brimstone: "Viper, we need you to come by and oversee a mission that will send you, Phoenix, Sova and Fade into New York. Be generous with the supplies you need to bring, it's a giant city after all."

Viper: "You'll see me there. The Russian owl has a problem with me though, does he not?"

Brimstone: "Sova will be fine. He has no bad blood and knows that there are bigger things to worry about now anyway. Don't be too long."

  Viper hangs up and heads to her laboratory with her mask up. She has the homemade lab built specifically to her accommodations. She walks over to an area of many vials and grabs a handful, carefully and gently filling them with toxins she made. Placing them into her suit, she heads over to the VP headquarters.

  Upon arriving at the headquarters, Viper sits with all the agents that are preparing for the mission. Everyone anxiously readies up quietly.
"Yo fam, could I take some of them vials there?", Phoenix asked, pointing to Viper's poison containers. "I had a hamburger the other day that was so bland. I could really use those spices." He jokingly said, trying to break any tense mood in the room as usual. Everyone just glared at him from the corners of their eyes without responding.
"I'll just bring my own next time then", Phoenix half-heartedly chuckled after reading the room again. The remaining silence was broken when Brimstone barged into the room and asked if they were set to depart. Everyone nods or responds yes but Viper just walked in front and made her way onto the aircraft that'll take them to New York, showing her readiness without having any need for even speaking as the current, quiet leader. The independent worker, she simply thought "I'd be able to handle this myself. Now I have to babysit these incapables."
They flew off after everyone else followed her aboard. Brimstone's parting message echoed in most of their minds.
"Good luck out there, everyone's counting on you." He said. Viper wasn't phased though and couldn't wait to get there and finish up the job.