Zoo York

The Valorant agents that were called to New York land at approximately 2 p.m. and make their way to 42nd Street in Manhattan to Bryant Park. The park has been cleared of any people and the surrounding skyscrapers could mean critical harm for thousands around if any damage were done to them. Hurriedly, the agents scurried to find a spike bomb beeping down, ready to detonate and explode most of the entire area. Cars could be heard not too far in the distance getting further away, trying to avoid injury and disaster.

  Everyone should've evacuated but the agents heard someone grunting around them. Viper instructed them to silently scout out the noise and find out whatever was going on. Sova sent out a recon bolt on one side of the park that scanned the area and Fade sent out her haunt ability that scanned another side of the park. Sova held a shock-dart in his bow and slowly pranced around the area he scanned, making sure to look over every corner to be sure no one was around. He found nothing but Fade's power got triggered and caused her prowler to chase down the target. They all got close and Phoenix activated his ultimate ability, running in to see a man kicking what seemed to be another man, lifelessly taking the beating. The man that was kicking looked back and saw Phoenix and shouted "Holy shit!" Phoenix reshot back into his initial post and told the others what he saw. Sova sent his owl drone out and spotted him once more and sent a marker on him, temporarily paralyzing him too. They rushed in. There were now two men on the floor, but the initial one they sought was still conscious and had a terrified look on his face, eyes shot open after seeing them all. He eventually regained movement and the agents still all cowered around him.
"Why are you here?" Asked Viper.
Still a bit shaken up, he eventually muttered with an initial stutter, "I-I saw some guys here and then heard the beeping here so I came over and saw this guy here so I started ragging on him and then this dude scared the shit outta me and that's really it."
Phoenix laughed.
"It's dangerous here, you must go", said Sova. While the man was being instructed and informed about the severity of the situation he put himself into, Viper peered over the other body lying on the floor. She could hear the man loudly boasting about how he pummeled this other guy even though he was supposed to be a radiant.
Viper, internally thinking: "Idiot, this is a Yoru clone, he can't fight back even if he wanted to, that's the only reason you didn't die."
She heads over to everyone again and tells the man to leave "It's time to go. I have no room for railroad spikes in my tires."
"Don't be like that, Viper. Ken is mad chill" Phoenix said with a smile. Viper side-eyed Phoenix and the agents' newfound jolly attitudes changed.
"Yeah well I guess it's still dangerous for you here anyway. We'll see you around though", Phoenix said back to Ken, who shared his name and story.
"Really? I can't just stick around?" Ken asked, devastated.
"We will see you again, friend." Sova replied.
"I already have all your info so we'll definitely keep you in contact", Fade added.
"Can't I just wait until you're done and have you fly me out home?" Ken asked. "I don't really have a means of transportation out of here right now anyway and I saw your big-ass helicopter thingy bring you here".
Everyone looked at their interim boss Viper with anticipation.
"Stay as far back as you can. We don't have the time to waste on you right now, we need to defuse the spike." Viper said with a sigh.
Ken excitedly ran across the street and waited by a book store. The VP agents had only minutes left at this point to defuse the spike. The bomb kept ticking while they tried to neutralize it, seemingly getting louder and louder while they attempted to stop it with failure.
"There must be something missing!" Shouted Fade.
"This spike is different from others we've come across before. It needs a specific key to deactivate. Where's Killjoy when you actually need her?" Proclaimed Viper.
Sova and Phoenix felt useless just watching idly by. They ran across the park, looking for anything that might've been left behind to help them. Sova dashed across the Yoru clone but turned back to it, thinking it may have something useful stored on it.
"Come on! Why are you even here?! There's got to be some use of you." Sova said, practically to himself, rustling through the lifeless body's pockets. He then stopped looking through the clone's body and sprinted to Ken.
"What happened?" Asked Ken. "Is everything good now?"
"Did that body have anything on him?" Asked Sova.
"No, nothing. But I did find this prickly blue sea urchin looking thing next to him." Responded Ken. He hands it over to Sova. Sova bids his thanks and leaves to get back to the spike again. Omega Yoru seemed to have dropped behind a piece essential in stopping the spike and they had no other option but to try it. This was their final resort and they had very little time to spare. The agents tried to put the spiky blue key piece into the defusing tool and prayed it would work. Ken started to notice a white orb surrounding the park and only got more curious. He was still excited to even be in the presence of the radiants and somehow dismissed the possibility of death.

  The agents successfully put an end to the bomb's ticking and stop the spike all-together. Ken notices the white orb around the park disappearing and closes his eyes for a moment, anticipating an explosion. A few seconds go by and he realizes he's still alive with all the buildings still intact and runs into the park, meeting the other agents who've sighed in relief.
"We did it, mate!" Phoenix exclaims to Sova.
Fade shows a slight smile.
"Well done. It was all because of you, my friend." Sova says, the words targeted at Ken. Ken smiles, almost giddy.
"You're lucky to be alive", Viper says as she takes off her mask. Ken locks a gaze onto her.
"Wow, she's beautiful..." thinks Ken.
"Job's finished now go home. You can leave without worry." says Viper.
Still starstruck, he takes a second before conjuring a response "Wait but I thought I could go with yous." Ken said, upset like a child now.
"You're safe now, you can live your life. You have no reason to come with us. You can take your time traveling home." Fade stated.
"This isn't a parting of ways." Sova reassured.
"Alright... Although unfortunate, I understand." Ken sulkily said. Immediately, he had an idea pop into his head.
Ken, internally: "Well if I'll never see them again I guess I'd better shoot my shot now", he thought. Now aloud, with newfound confidence, Ken said "Hey Viper!"
She turned to him.
"Just wanted to say you did great out there. I could see that everyone respects you and works well under you as their commander. And you look very pretty by the way. I'm glad I ended up getting to see you with your mask off. Thank you again everyone by the way. I'm grateful I was able to meet you all and share this memory. I'll never forget this. Take care everybody", Ken said, signaling a final farewell.
Viper, usually unbothered by comments like these from other VP agents or common folk alike, widened her eyes and blushed a little, pulling her mask back up. Everyone stared at her now. Fade being another woman, was the only one who clearly noticed her getting visibly flustered though and giggled to herself.
After gathering herself together, Viper replied "I said you should go", still trying to keep up her stern persona. She still felt like the same person but deep down, subconsciously, she felt a small crack in her heart of stone.
Sova intercommed Brimstone "We have successfully completed our objective. We are ready for the return." He said.
The plane arrived in only a matter of seconds. As everyone boarded the plane, Phoenix patted Ken's arm with a smile and hopped on last. Everyone but Viper looked down and waved away at Ken. Ken waved bye back and started to make his way home.
Ken, internally: "Shit, no trains are running now, I'll have to walk back to Queens. I should've called off work today. My attempt with Viper didn't even work out in the end anyway..." he thought as he strolled off.

Back on the plane, Fade walks over to Viper who was sitting alone.
"I've never seen you embarrassed like that. What're you thinking about?" Asked Fade.
"I wasn't embarrassed!" Viper shot back.
"Haha, even though we've yet to have established a bonding friendship entirely, I can tell what another woman thinks after an interaction like that." Fade countered.
"I'm simply satisfied with how you all listened and executed your tasks comprehensively... good work", Viper said softly. Fade stood up to leave, happy that Viper's usually blunt and cross mannerisms diminished in that moment. She couldn't believe that a simpleton had that effect on her. As Fade made her way up, Viper momentarily stopped her.
"Bring me the information you have on that man when you have the chance." Viper said with innocent eyes.
Fade nodded with a grin. "You got it, boss."