Coincidence

A few weeks go by since Ken and Viper's initial confrontation and they essentially forgot about the interaction entirely. They went back to their lives, having no time to dwell on that past encounter. For a few straight nights in a row though, Ken still thought about a relationship with Viper and she resorted back to her old demeanor of ruthlessness but always kept that sheet of paper with his information on her suit at all times. She was now fully aware of that small crack in her strict personality he created though.

A month after the attack on New York City, news of another mirror Earth radiant attack alerted the Valorant Protocol and this time Viper wasn't on call to attend the mission. Sage, Jett, Neon, Breach and Omen were sent to defend the planet. All the other agents- Brimstone, Viper, Phoenix, Sova, Chamber, Cypher, Kay/O, Fade, Raze, Skye, Yoru, Killjoy, Astra and Reyna were still at the headquarters awaiting any updates from the members on-site. Chamber, a self-proclaimed "charming French" would always flirt with Viper, mostly just as banter but he did still have eyes for her. He sees her and Brimstone talking and walks up to them.
"Viper, you wore my favorite outfit today! I see you wanted to give our coworkers some encouragement. I could get jealous!" Chamber said while smiling.
"Not now, Chamber." Brimstone said.
"What's the matter?" Asked Chamber.
"Our Jett has been shot down." Brimstone said. "We don't know which of their doubles did this to her. We must send reinforcements regardless. I'll head out with the others. It could get dangerous, we'll need all the manpower we can get. You two hold down the fort here just in case. That should be enough." Brimstone got up and as quickly as possible shot off with everyone else to the other agents in aid.
"My, my. What a coincidence that it's just us two alone here now", Chamber jokingly said. "We might as well go out, nothing for us to do here anyway except wait."
"Don't be an idiot. This is serious. And I'd never go out with you." Viper struck back.
"A shame." Chamber said, his face now changing into a more neutral and spiteful tone. He walks away from Viper, picks up his phone and dials a contact.
"Never mind it. You can leave them alone now. There's no need to shoot or hold up anyone else. Au revoir." He whispers before hanging up. After Chamber leaves Viper alone, she recalls him always trying to sweet-talk her and remembers Ken. She takes out the note with his details and puts it away again before folding it open. Unnoticeable to her, for a moment she again got lighthearted and soft after thinking of Ken.
"Maybe I'll make that look like a coincidence." she thought.