Execution

Upon arriving at the VP headquarters, Ken goes around greeting everyone to their surprise. After Breach first saw him back by the plane, Phoenix and Sova seemed the most excited to see him again. Phoenix showed Ken around his room and even showed off his fire powers.
"Dude, that's fucking sweet!" Ken said when Phoenix conjured a flame above his palm. As the two were engaging in radiant antics, a few of the other agents walked out into the main hall. Chamber was among one of them and saw Viper who was still dressed up from her date with Ken.
"Viper, are you all dressed up like that for me?" Chamber asked.
"Keep away, French bulldog." She struck back.
"Turning away my advances now, but you'll come around."
"Maybe when I'm dead."
"Maybe when someone is..." he muttered under his breath.
Viper walked into Phoenix's room, pulling Ken out and showing him around her quarters.
"This is my workspace or office. Whatever you could call it." She said.
"This is a ginormous friggin' lab!" Ken said while looking all around it.
"Here are some of the toxicants I've been working on recently. Lately I've been using a very potent compound so you shouldn't touch any vials. I really should've had you wear a mask and protective gear as soon as you got insi-" she was cut off mid-sentence when a loud, ground shaking bang could be heard and felt throughout the entire premises. Everyone rushed out into the hall then to where they thought the explosion came from. The suspected room was where Fade would spend her time. She was the only one missing from the group. Everyone was worried, Viper most of all.
"Cypher, do you have a camera set up in that room?!" Sage yelled, her ears still ringing.
"I tried to activate it but I think it was broken in the blast." He replied.
"I got this!" Phoenix said, activating his ultimate ability and racing inside the room. After 10 seconds, Phoenix resent his body back to its original position and silently shook his head at everyone. Viper ran in, Killjoy trying to hold her back.
"Let me go!" Viper shouted. She ran inside and after a minute, she walked out, holding the lifeless body of Fade in her arms. Tears ran down Viper's face and KAY/O instantly got a flashback of himself holding a defeated Brimstone in his alternate reality after seeing Viper with Fade. He dashed to them, trying to perform chest compressions on her.
"Sage! I need you!" KAY/O yelled. Sage and Skye both did their best to heal Fade together. They stood over her for minutes, spewing out all their power into her. Everyone around watched, hoping it'd help. But to no avail. She was past saving. Reyna checked for a pulse and walked away after feeling nothing without saying a word. Viper burst out crying. Ken was shocked more than anyone. He had never seen a dead body before, let alone one of somebody he knew. He felt useless, like he should've been able to help somehow. Overcome with emotion, his eyes watered. Yoru put his hand on Ken's shoulder and held his other hand over his eyes. That sent Ken back into reality, snapping his eyes onto Viper now. She was shattered, broken and wailing at the sight of her friend's body. Ken ran to her and held her close. He hugged her tightly and she buried her face into his chest and squeezing his shirt.
"It's okay, it's okay." Ken kept whispering to her. "It's gonna be okay."
Chamber sneakily looked around at everyone's faces with nonchalance. When his eyes found Viper and Ken, he shifted expressions and furrowed his eyebrows with indignation. "It wasn't enough?" He thought.

An ambulance was called on-scene and everyone looked visibly upset and distressed. They all prayed something could be done to bring Fade back. Viper was the most distraught and practically begged for something to save her. Ken kept holding her close. She tried escaping and running into the ambulance with her body on a stretcher but Ken held his grip firm. "I'm not letting you go." He said. "I'll take care of you, baby." Now shushing her: "Shh, it'll be okay. I promise." He started patting her head with one hand as he continued to hold her with the other.
"She was my best friend!" Sabine cried out. "We were getting so close. Who could've done this?!"
"I don't know but we'll find that monster."
She dug her face back into Ken's chest with tears coming down like a broken dam. The other agents stood outside for a while longer, still unsure of how they'd mentally handle the situation. No one said a word to another. Ken took Sabine back upstairs and into her room. He lied his back on a bed and took her on top of him, still face-buried in him. "I'll help get her mind off this for now." Ken thought.
"Here, I know what will help. First, have some water." He hands her a bottle from the nightstand and opens it for her. She doesn't move from her position. "I'm gonna get up if you don't drink." She reluctantly took the bottle and took a sip. Ken held her face after she finished drinking, wiping away her tears with his thumb. "I'll take care of you. All your worries will dissipate for now." Ken reassured. "I almost fucking said 'all your worries will fade away.' I'm such an idiot, bro." He thought. He still didn't know how to handle the matter himself. Comforting Sabine was part of his consoling process.
Ken pulled a blanket over them and turned on the TV and put a movie on. "I'm gonna put Interstellar on. It's my favorite movie. I want you to watch it with me. You don't have to pay attention to it, it could just be background noise, but focus on your surroundings at this current moment." Sabine's crying started to subsidize and she slowly fell asleep shortly after, her hand and face resting on Ken's chest.
"She's exhausted herself. Poor thing. And Fade... I can't believe what's happened to you. I will get to the bottom of it. For her." Ken ruminated. He put a hand on her back and drifted off to sleep with her, finally at unconscious peace with the movie still playing in the back.