Preparation

The day after the VP left Ken's house they went back to work, catching up on everything they missed. Viper subconsciously had Ken on her mind through every task she performed, still excited about her upcoming date with him. Neither of them even knew what they'd be doing yet but were still looking forward to it nonetheless. Viper sat in a lab, working on making more powerful toxins until Fade walked in, asking her how she's doing.
"What's up, what's up?" Fade asked as she got closer to Viper, watching her work.
"Careful, this one here is tranquilizing."
"While I'd love to admire your chemicals, I came by to ask if anything is new with Ken?"
"We're actually supposed to go out this week."
"No shit, really? That's great, I'm happy for you guys!"
"Thank you."
"What're you gonna be doing? Going somewhere nice?"
"I still don't know yet. We haven't spoke about it. I do have to get that figured out."
"How will you know? How will he reach you?"
"We exchanged numbers. He sent me a good morning text and I sent one back but I had work to do so that was it."
"I'm still happy things are working out. Hope they go well."
"Me too."
"I promised to go help KAY/O with cracking some files so I gotta get going on that now. Let me know if anything." Fade exits Viper's lab.
Viper starts to think and gets sidetracked from completing her experiments. "I wonder what he has planned." She thinks. "Do I have to buy a new dress? I've never done anything like picnics or long walks in a park or beach... shit, I haven't gone on a date in years, matter of fact. I forgot what it all entails. But I'm excited to see what he has in mind."

  The time is 1:30 in the afternoon and Ken himself realizes that he has to arrange something for the date. "What could we do? What would she like? Should I just ask her what she wants to do? I should've asked an agent what she liked. Hashtag crying emoji", Ken thought.

  While Ken was busy constructing an idea for his date with Sabine and as she was working on more powerful items for battle, Chamber was busy spying and snooping around the Protocol's headquarters. He went into the room where Fade usually spends her time and since she was helping KAY/O, he had enough time to waltz in and drop off some personal affects around her room. "Just in case you emptied your pockets the other day." He thinks as he races out.

When nightfall approaches, Sabine texts Ken that she finished work and he replies "Get home safe. And call me when you can." shortly after. She got home and after getting more comfortable she video-calls Ken. He picks up without letting more than 3 telephone rings go by.
"Hey, hey!" He says first.
"Hello."
"How was work?"
"It was fine. Day was dragging on but it was productive at least."
"What do you do, if you don't mind me asking."
"Well I uh, prepare poisons and toxins in vials to deploy onto enemies or hostile beings from other planets. I can cover a lot of ground so the agency needs me and my useful abilities."
"Wow, that's amazing—wait. There's beings from other planets here on Earth?!"
"Normally I shouldn't reveal that kind of information but I've grown a liking to you."
"Haha, as have I. I appreciate you telling me though."
"What did you do today?"
"I'm glad you ask. I did some usual boring stuff first: went to the gym, read a little bit, spent some time with my younger brother, showered, but the main course of what I really accomplished was our date idea."
"Ooh, tell me."
"So we can go to a museum with a planetarium inside, right? Or maybe the zoo or something if that's not your thing. I was thinking kind of mellow or lax since our first interaction was so intense in the city. How does that sound to you?"
"I like the museum idea, could be nice. Zoo might be too smelly, honestly."
"I thought so too. Great. How's Thursday? I can call off work so we'll have the whole day to be around."
"That works, we should be good. Just a warning, I haven't gone on a date in forever. I feel like I could be making up for all those teenage years I've missed out on. So yeah, just a heads up that I could be rusty."
"Ah, you're still young, you have time to figure everything out."
She almost wanted to say that he's younger than her but held back, thinking he'd find it weird that she knew all this information about him without him telling her.
"Also, if you're not doing anything on the Friday after, you can come to my place, I'll make us dinner." Ken said.
"I'll let you know the day of."
"No problem. I'm actually gonna make some food right now, pull up."
"Haha, for sure. I'm on my way."
They laughed and ended the call, finishing their night shortly after.
"I can't wait", Ken thought.
Sabine went to bed gaily for the first time in a long time.