Chapter Two

[Camila's POV]

I stared at the ceiling of my bedroom, listening to Pink Floyd in my headphones. Tomorrow is the day I go to the airport and head to, "Golden Voices Vocal Camp." This could be the beginning of my future. If I build my voice to make it stronger, there is a possibility of me becoming a professional singer. I'm determined to make that happen, and there is no way in hell anyone is going to tell me different. I was still, my surroundings were tranquil, with my hands resting on my stomach and my breathing still, I felt as if I would fall asleep soon. My room was completely dark, that was until a beam of light invaded into the darkness. I sat up and looked towards the direction of my door, my little sister Sofi was standing in the door way rubbing her eyes. "Mila.." Sofi whispered.

"Yes baby, come over here." I said softly. My sister walked towards me with a stuffed unicorn in her hand. "What's this?" I asked. "Well I was sleeping, and then I woke up and was scared that you already left. I was gonna be sad if you forgot to take ifos." I looked into her eyes and back down at the stuffed unicorn. "Of course ifos is coming with me. Ifos uses its magical powers to protect me." She smiled and nodded. "Mila..can I lay with you tonight?"

I smiled and scooted to the other side of my bed, and tapped on an open area. "Of course, Sofi." She crawled into the bed and cuddled up to my side. She placed her head into my side near my armpit, and had her left arm draped around my stomach. I used my hand to softly caress her head, I played with her hair as she began to fall asleep. "Camila?" Sofi asked. "What is it, Sofi?" I replied. "When you come back from camp and you sing better, well better than you already do, can you sing me a song?" I continued caressing her head and asked, "of course, but what song?" Sofi laughed, "I've been listening to your rock and roll music in your phone..sing me Sweet Child O' mine..the Guns n Roses one."

I was surprised by her song choice. I noted, "okay Sofi, I will. Just for you my princess." Sofi began to snore, I covered her with a blanket, and closed my eyes. Sofi meant the world to me. We have this uncommon sisterly bond, like we're never mean to one another, which is unbelievable. But her heart was so pure and her mind was so advanced for such a young child. I loved my sister more than anything in the world, she's my best friend.

I switched the station and put on Taylor Swift's Red album. My eyes were closed, my music was playing, my best friend was comfortable beside me, and my future could change tomorrow. I was happy, I was relaxed.

"Mila!!" I woke up to find Sofi hovering over me. "Wake up sleepyhead!! We gotta take you to the airport!" I let out a sigh and said, "okay, let's go!" My sister gave me a disgusted look. I raised my eyebrows at the young girl pinching her nose. "Maybe you should brush your teeth first." She said in a nasally tone. I cupped my mouth and gasped, "yeah I do, don't I?!" She nodded and laughed.

The only thing to do this morning was brush my teeth, get dressed and eat a good breakfast. I had packed my bags the night before, I hate being rushed more than anything. So might as well be prepared. I entered the bathroom and began to brush my teeth, after a two minutes or so I filled my mouth with water and spit it into the sink. I got a towel hanging on the door and wiped my mouth, I headed towards to the kitchen to find my small family gathered at the table. "Guess what mommy made you, Mila?" I shrugged my shoulders and asked, "what?" She screamed, "waffles!!" I cheered with my sister as my mother placed two waffles in front of me.

"You excited, mija?" My mother asked me. "Yes ma'am!" I replied. My dad put his newspaper down and said, "I'm so happy for my girl, she's gorgeous, funny, intelligent, and she can sing! I'm a proud dad, Camila." I smiled at my dad, "thanks papi." Sofi was drowning her waffles in syrup and began talking about random things. She was so cute, she was so innocent and bubbly. My mother Sinu sat next to me and just smiled. "What mom?" I asked with a chuckle. "Nothing, it's just you're so beautiful and I know how much this means to you, I can see you reaching your goal, mija." I felt my cheeks getting warmer due to all the compliments. "I really appreciate that a lot mom, thank you. I would do anything to make you all proud."