Chapter Fifteen

[Camila's POV]

"Hey, I brought everything I saw in your room, guys." Dinah said handing Lauren and I a huge bag. Lauren laughed, "hey, my aux cord! Nice." Being this close to Lauren when I wasn't deserving of it made me feel blessed. My arm was resting on her thigh and my head was placed on her shoulder.

I don't think Lauren would've let me do such a thing if she didn't think I was still, "hurt." Lauren thought that my hand would be safer on her leg, so nothing would bump into it or hurt it while it was still in the healing process. So I took advantage of the affection I could hang onto for a while, hopefully I could milk it for a little longer because I missed Lauren's touch. God, how much I missed her touch.

Lauren then took her phone out of her pocket and connected her aux cord to her phone. "Turn it up." She said to Dinah.

You walked in, caught my attention
I've never seen a man with so much dimension

Lauren played, "Daydreamin'" by Ariana Grande. I remember Lauren told me back at camp that this song reminded her of me, whenever she first met me on the plane. Lauren had her face to the window, and I was still leaning into her side. My hand remained placed on her thigh and the song was playing softly through my ears.

It's the way you walk, the way you talk, the way you make me feel inside
It's in your smile, it's in your eyes, I don't wanna wait for tonight
So I'm daydreamin', with my chin in the palm of my hands
About you, you, and only you.

Lauren looked over at me and half smiled. I used my fingertips to tap softly on her fair thighs. I don't know if Lauren was only being nice to me because she felt bad that I hurt my hand earlier, or if it was because she actually forgave me. I wouldn't take a chance and try too hard with her though, I'll happily take baby steps.

"Guys, I love this song!" Ally said from the drivers seat. "Same!" Said Dinah and Normani in sync. I warmed up my voice and began to sing along with the song. I felt confident in my voice, and I wasn't scared to share it with these girls that I feel completely comfortable with.

I let out a long breath, Got me, daydreamin' with my chin in the palm of my hands about, you, you, and only you.

I was surprised when Lauren cleared her throat and began to sing the next line..

Now I can't wait to hold you in my arms,
I know I was made for you,
I'm in love with all of your charm,
It's the way you walk, the way you talk, the way you make me feel inside,
It's in your smile it's in your eyes,
I don't wanna wait for tonight so I'm..

Lauren finished and smiled at me as Ally chimed in with the next line, I was very shocked, because surprisingly..this girl has some pipes on her. Her voice belted and it sounded amazing.

Daydreamin' with my chin in the palm of my hands, about you, you, and only you..

Just then, Normani jumped in and decided to showcase her lovely voice. The jeep was filled with good music and beautiful voices. I was astonished at how most of the girls could sing very well.

Got me, daydreamin, with my chin in the palm of my hands, about you, you and only you.
But I want ya, got to have ya, and I need you,
Like I've never have loved you before,
Oh want ya, oh I need you, got to have you, like I've never have loved you before.

As the twinkling little instrumental played we all chanted, "Dinah, Dinah, Dinah!"

She refused, she looked shy, I didn't want to pressure her, but I had to hear her voice. Suddenly, one of the most gorgeous voices I've ever heard in my entire life blessed my ears.