Chapter Four

[Lauren's POV]

I heard a knock at my door, I opened my eyes and heard the knocks become faster and applied with more force. I swung the blankets from over me and rushed to the door. A tall, lanky man with pale skin and blue eyes was smiling painfully, "Good morning! You have thirty minutes starting now to get ready for your first lesson in vocals, see you soon." I scratched my head and nodded.

"Danica, wake up! We gotta get ready, we have thirty minutes." I yelled. Danica sat up quickly, "only thirty minutes? What the hell? That's how long it takes me to just wash my hair." She exclaimed. "Well, you're at camp now..get used to it, princess." I said with a smirk and giggle. I walked into our small bathroom and grabbed some hair essentials, I pulled out my Aussie dry shampoo and spritzed it around my long dark locks. I bent down and launched my head up, then whenever my head was back up I began to shake and reposition my hair using my hands.

"Effortless, and I still look hot." I said to myself in the mirror laughing.

I then exited the bathroom and went towards the small dresser filled with my clothes. I ran my fingers through the various t-shirts and pairs of jeans I had compacted in the drawer, and then selected an outfit. "I should go a little more dressy today, just to make a good impression." I said to myself nodding.

I put on a sky blue, sleeveless button up shirt with a collar and pockets that flowed whenever I moved, and I picked a pair of dark jeans, to top it all off I finished my outfit with a pair of grey heels.

"Well, don't you look fancy." Danica said smirking. "Just trying to make a good first impression, you know." I replied. She gave me a thumbs up, and she continued to get ready. About ten minutes later, Danica and I were both dressed and ready to head to our first lesson. I wanted to look completely confident walking into the room everyone was supposed to meet in. It wasn't a competition, but I wanted everyone to know I wasn't fucking around when it came to my goal and doing everything I could to reach it. Before we could enter the room I seen a table set up, there was a line forming in front of it. I stood in line behind another girl, she then turned around and stared at me. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Lauren Jauregui." I was shocked at who I saw, it was my former softball rival, Crystal Ruiz. We always went head to head during softball season, I was the best pitcher in the league, she was second best. She never wanted to accept the fact that I was just a little better than her. So, she tried her best to sabotage my softball season, which ended sadly due to a fractured wrist. So if anything, my wrist sabotaged my season rather than childish, Crystal.

I laughed in her face softly and said, "it's nice to see you too, Crystal." She rolled her eyes at my response, "don't act brand new, bītch. You know we aren't and will never be on good terms." I looked at her in the eyes and said, "well, bitch." I said with emphasis and continued, "you didn't have to turn around and greet me, you know that right? Or did your dumbass not comprehend it clearly?" She scoffed, "how classy of you Jauregui, okay..go ahead and try to start a scene in front of the people that are going to determine your future for singing. I bet your ass can't even sing." I just smiled at her and said, "Okay, we'll see about that, Crystal." She turned around flipping her hair, almost brushing my face with it. "Lauren, chill. Don't let her get to you." Danica said.

"I don't let ignorant ass girls get to me." I said with a small smile. The girl beside me laughed and pushed me slightly, to let me know I was next in line. "Name?" A young man said. "Lauren Jauregui." I said. He pulled out a number from a box and said, "put this on your shirt and go inside." I took the slip of paper with the number on it, and stuck it to my shirt. I then walked into the room and took a seat. I breathed in slowly, letting my blood pressure simmer down due to Crystal. I heard Camila's voice behind me, "is this seat taken?" She asked pointing to the seat next to me. I nodded letting her know it wasn't. She sat next to me and began to have a conversation with me, "you look nice, Lo." She said staring at me and biting her bottom lip. I smiled and replied, "thanks Camz." I saw her put in her headphones and close her eyes, she started mouthing words, Camila was definitely getting ready to preform something.