Chapter Nine

I couldn't move, I should be shocked because I'm sitting next to unconscious Crystal with blood dripping out of the back of her head. But I was being selfish, I was thinking of myself and how I just hurt the girl I promised I would never hurt.

What have I done?

"This bitch could be dying, I think I should help her up." I thought to myself. I got up and grabbed a wad of paper towels near the sink and folded them and pressed them up against her gash.

The paper towels soaked in all the blood quickly, I continued applying pressure to the wound, I stopped when I heard the door open.

Hoping it was Lauren I looked towards the door of the stall and heard two girls, whom had familiar voices.

"Yeah, I think they're in here." I heard Becca say. Then the door swung open, "holy shit, Camila. What happened here?"

"Is she bleeding? Damn, I know you don't like her, but that doesn't mean you had to kill her, Camila." Danica said laughing.

I gave Danica a dirty look, because now wasn't the time to joke, I already wasn't in the mood and her being sarcastic wasn't helping at all.

"Becca, I need you to do me a huge favor." I said.

Becca walked towards me and asked me, "I got you on anything, what is it?"

"Crystal wasn't the only one hurt in this incident.." I said avoiding eye contact.

"Lauren?" She asked with a questionable look.

I nodded,l and chewed on my bottom lip due to the nervousness. Becca gave me a nod to signal me to go find Lauren and fix things with her.

I rushed passed Danica, I heard her shout at Becca, "just because she has girlfriend issues doesn't mean we have to be fucking Scooby and Shaggy and fix the problem. This is her mess, have her deal with it."

"Danica, get me more paper towels." Becca ordered. "Just know that I'm blaming all of this on her, it wasn't me at all. I'm just helping Crystal out because this bitch looks like she's about to see the light at any second." Danica snarled.

I felt the sun pierce my eyes, I squinted because the light was too intense. "Lauren!" I yelled. "Lauren!" I yelled again.

It came to me, "maybe she's at the pond." Yeah! She's at the pond! I ran through the shaded woods to find the girl I broke. I heard the familiar stream noise, and a faint cry.

I saw Lauren sitting on a boulder with her head buried in her knees, her back kept bouncing up and down, she was trying to catch her breath in between cries. She picked her head up and ran her fingers through her hair and wiped her eyes.

I snuck up behind her and tapped on her shoulder, "Lauren..?" She jumped, "oh my god!" Then she squinted and noticed it was me.

"What the fuck do you want, Camila?" She asked me shakily.

"I came here to apologize."

She laughed, "just leave, remember? You wanted nothing to do with me? Or you wish you shouldn't have? Yeah, go do that. Fuck you."

My heart fell and shattered into a million pieces like it was a fragile piece of China. "I didn't mean it, Lauren. I said that out of fear and anger."

She looked into the distance, she obviously wanted nothing to do with me, "it was obviously on your mind, I mean you said it, so it was held there in your mind somewhere, now wasn't it?"

She was right, I felt as if I was there for one reason, that reason was to better myself in singing. I wasn't there to fall in love, but I did sadly.