Chapter Eleven

[Lauren's POV]

I ran towards Dinah's room and stormed in, "Lauren, we knock before we just barge in, here." She laughed.

She noticed the distress on my face and immediately stopped laughing, "Lauren, are you okay?"

"No! Brady took Camila to, 'punish' her. Where did he take her? I can't let this happen! What is he going to do to her?" I asked anxiously.

Dinah was frozen where she stood, she then looked at me with the most serious face a person could ever throw at you, "the basement. He took her to the basement. You have to go get her, Lauren. If I try, I'll get it next."

"Get what next? Dinah, what is he doing to you, here?" I asked walking closer to her.

She put her arms out and exclaimed, "go get her now. Before its too late."

I took Dinah's word and turned on my heels and bolted down stairs, I was now standing in the entry way to the living room. I was looking around until I saw a white door near the back of the kitchen. I walked towards the door and put my hand on the glass knob.

"What do you think you're doing, sweetie?" Wanda asked me.

"Your whack job husband or whatever the fuck he is to you just took Camila down to the basement to do something to her, you have to help me!" I pleaded.

She laughed and moved her hands down her blouse smoothing it out, "Lauren, Lauren correct?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am." I said.

"We don't use language like that around here. Your friend probably deserves the punishment. Go back upstairs, now." She said firmly.

"Fuck you." I said as I quickly turned the knob and opened the door. I rushed down the stairs and yelled, "Brady! Whatever you're about to do is wrong, please don't do it."

I made my way deeper into the basement and saw Camila sitting in an old lawn chair while Brady stood in front of her.

He had his hands on his hips, his back was to me and he was tapping his foot on the cement floor. He slowly turned around and looked me into my eyes, "countless times I tell you what you need to call me, but do you listen? You don't!" He yelled furiously.

He looked like a completely different man in that basement than who I met earlier at the door. The man I met at the door was a harmless creepy, the man that is in my vicinity now was, scary. Like he could hurt me, or even worse, hurt Camila.

I had to put my pride aside to ensure Camila's safety, "I'm sorry, Daddy Brady." I pushed out. Saying those words degraded me, I felt like less of a person because of that. But Camila was entirely more important than my pride.

He put his hands up and I flinched quickly, "see, now was that so hard?" He laughed. He pointed his index finger at me and signaled me to come to him. I did as I was told, but I was very cautious. I was now standing in front of him, I felt the beads of sweat building up in my hairline and waiting to be released.

"Yes, Daddy Brady?" I asked timidly.

"Honey, you seem tense. You have nothing to be afraid of. I'm glad you're learning to become more obedient like your friend, Camila here." He put his finger to Camila's right cheek and flicked his finger.

Her cheek bounced and my anger was growing stronger, but to protect the both of us I had to use reverse psychology on him. I wanted him to think he was empowered, when in reality, he's a coward.

"I'm learning, slowly." I said breathing heavily.

"Give me your hand, Camila." Brady said holding out his hand.