Chapter Three

[Lauren's POV]

I looked outside the window of the cab only to find, "Golden Voices Singing Camp" before me. "Alright, your cab journey ends here, but your singing journey begins now." My cab driver said with a smile. "Thanks man, I appreciate that." I said smiling.

The cab driver exited the cab and headed towards the back of the car, he opened the trunk and handed me my luggage. "Good luck, kid." The man said as he nodded. I reciprocated the nod and grabbed my bags, I made my way towards the check in area. Everyone around me didn't even have to sing yet, but I could still feel their talent shining through their eyes.

"Name?" A woman with blonde hair asked me. "Jauregui, Lauren Jauregui." I said. She continued to smack her gum and checked a list, the list contained names and cabins. "Well, Lauren you're in cabin 88. Your roommate is Danica E." I took note of that and began to look around to find my cabin. My roommate was already settling in. All I could see is her from her backside, she hasn't turned around yet. "Hey, I'm Lauren. Lauren Jauregui. I guess we're roommates." I said in a soft tone. "Holy shit, you scared me!" She exclaimed.

"I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry." I said laughing. "It's all good, but nice to meet you, I'm Danica." She said smiling. She had a contagious smile, and inviting brown eyes. "Well, nice to meet you Danica, hopefully you have as much fun with me as much as I plan to have with you." I said with a grin. "Wait..what?" She asked looking puzzled. "Like, I hope you have fun being my roommate, because you already seem cool, I hope I can reach your level of coolness as well." I said. She blushed a little, "believe me, I'm not cool..I'm just a normal girl who wants to learn how to sing."

I laughed, "Danica, you aren't allowed to tell me if you're cool or not, I'll be the judge of that." "Alright, Jauregui. Whatever you say." She replied with a grin. I turned to find my small bed, it wasn't the greatest, but I wasn't there to sleep, I was there to become something, to accomplish my goal one step at a time.

I placed my suitcase on the bed, unzipped it and took out my clothes, I put the clothes in a small dresser towards the front of the room. I then looked to my suitcase and took out some other small essentials, my journal, my charger, and my iPod. I brought my iPod because it had all my favorite old music. "Fuck, I need to charge my phone! I gotta call my family." I said. I connected my charger to the outlet next to my bed, I then went to call my house phone. I went to my contacts and clicked, "squad" in my phone.

The phone rang a couple of times before I heard a voice at the other end. "Lauren?" Taylor asked. "Yeah, it's me dude. I just got to camp. It looks pretty cool here, I guess I'll just have to see what awaits me." I said. "I'm glad you got there safe, Lo." Taylor said. "Thanks." I said. I then heard some small voices in the background. "No Chris! Stop!" Taylor yelled. "Mom!!!!" Taylor yelled again. "Alright, yeah yeah I'm glad you got there okay, whatever. But have you met any hot girls yet?" Chris asked. I scoffed, "Chris can you try to not be a fuckboy for more than two minutes?" Chris said, "Alright, I love you, you good? But yeah, back to the main subject..girls." I rolled my eyes and said, "Well, I did meet this girl on the plane. She was gorgeous. Her hai-" before I could even finish Chris interrupted me. "Lauren, are you okay?" I was surprised at his comment, "yeah, why wouldn't I be?" "You never call girls gorgeous, you always call them hot, I've never heard you use the word gorgeous to describe a girl." I laughed, "shut the hell up dude, it's not a big deal." I began again, "but guess what? The girl from the plane is at my camp." Chris gasped, "what the fuck Lauren, you always get good luck. It's like the lesbian gods are looking out for you 24/7." "I might have a cutie here for you, she's my roommate, her name is Danica. But she's probably too cute for you, so I might have to take her off your hands." I said. "Goddamn it, Lauren." He laughed. "I love you, have fun. Here's mom." Chris said. "Love you too nugget." I said.