Sixty-six

We planned to go out tonight but Sally dismisses the idea before I even ask. Who'd have thought that the party-monger would someday say no to partying? I tease her about it, drawing her eyebrows closer together into a deep scowl. And then she laughs at it. Truthfully, I can't blame her, given the third trimester taking a toll on her.

"FYI, I wasn't going to let you go out in that condition," I tell her.

Lately, she complains nonstop about backache and discomfort when laying down. Her feet have swollen up too and I hate to feel her pain when she gets up.

"I know. Besides, it's your time with Adrian so go enjoy it! You've sulked enough all these months," she chimes in.

I pull in a breath, throwing a glance at Adrian who's now talking to Sally's mom and two aunties. He seems to be handling it well as every lady's face is painted with a smile whenever they're not laughing.

That's my man.

Er...hold your horses, bitch!

My eyes reunite with Sally's. "Okay, I'll see you later. I know you're in safe hands with your mom and everyone around you so it should be fine."

"Worry not, Grandma! Of course, everything will be just fine. And don't even think of coming back tonight, you hear?" she scolds. I stifle a laugh because that surely wasn't the agenda. "Now go get laid!"

As I move I tell her, "Already did back there. Call it a prologue."

"You wily witch!" She laughs heartily and at the same time, the other ladies bid Adrian a very loud goodbye.

He wishes everyone a good evening.

Someone new is driving Adrian's car. It's a chubby white man this time. I greet him and he nods before Adrian holds the car door open for me. I wonder where Mario is, but it's a question I'm saving for later.

"What is it that you're launching?" I sit comfortably beside him.

"A nightclub. A good friend of mine will be running it at the hotel," he replies, sliding a hand behind my shoulders so I scoot closer.

The engine roars, lights go off, and slowly the car moves.

"I can't believe you retained the hotel name. Why not The Castle Hotel? Or Hotel Castle?" I suggest cheesily.

He laughs gently, his mood very laid-back and nonchalant. "Perhaps I'll reconsider. You look beautiful in that little dress."

I glance at it, my thighs half-covered, half-exposed. It's a silver sequin, plain and simple, showing a small amount of cleavage from its loose plunged-in neckline. It doesn't cramp my body, but it's short.

"I thought you pointed out it's too short and... How did you call it again? Bizarre!" I drawl.

Again his laughter resonates like a classic sonata, smooth yet intense. He leans over and strokes my chin with his thumb.

"As long as I have you by my side, I don't mind you wearing it or any other bizarre in your closet," he states bluntly, and before I retort a word, his lips attack mine instantly.

God, he's a bully!

The Imperial Palace Hotel looks precisely as before from the outside. From the inside, however, everything is refurbished, including the luxurious lobby accented with classic paintings, cravings, and a sky-like ceiling. It holds a neo-classic look with a dramatic touch of modernity.

Hotel Castle it is.

Adrian takes me to a nightclub I didn't know existed. I never had the chance to explore more of his hotel except in and out of his presidential suite back then. I look at him, smiling, and he returns it with a terrific kiss on my lips. Excitement swirls inside me like a whirlwind.