Sixty-seven

"First time here?" The Asian sub asks me as I search in the closet for that dress code or whatever.

This was not part of Adrian's plan, was it?

"No," I answer, plucking a lacy bustier among many outfits hung up in line.

"Pretty little liar." She giggles. I let out an old, innervated sigh in response. "Don't worry, you'll get a hang of it. Just don't look at the Masters in the eyes and you'll be just fine."

"Pardon?" My broody glance slides back to her speedily. "Why can't I look at them in the eyes? They're not some kind of Medusa now, are they?"

She giggles again. "Oh, dear. You're so funny."

"Well, I'm just curious." I smother a smile, my attention equally divided between the bustier in my hand and my companion. "Why do you call them masters, by the way? Are you serving them all?"

She lets out a very loud laugh, pausing from brushing her long eyelashes in front of the dressing table mirror full of brandy cosmetics.

"What's funny?" I can't hide my amusement now.

She laughs more when our eyes meet. Does this mean I'm a kinky simpleton to such levels? Okay, I feel stupid but conscious. I gotta know everything.

"No, honey. Calling them masters is just a protocol here. Any sub is required to address a Dom as Master. It shows obedience and that's very important," she explains, seemingly very fond of her submissive rank in this fetish hierarchy.

How lovely.

I continue flipping through the closet, my brain overworking from overthinking. So it means it didn't mean a thing for her to address Adrian as she did earlier, right?

"Okay, so you address each Dom as Master... Let's say, Master Daniel. Or Master Cullen?" I glance at her; I need enough information.

"Or Master Adrian?" She giggles again—I'd be pissed but she somehow looks cute when she does it. My eyebrows retaliate to her remark and she bursts into laughter. "Relax, girl! I know you're his date, and... well... he is the most eligible bachelor Dom here, but up until now, he doesn't have a sub of his own. I mean, at least none of the subs here has been lucky enough to charm him since we were in New York."

"New York? You've known him since... when?"

"A few months at least. Yeah, he's been a member of our New York club but I barely know any sub who knows him enough to state his favorite drink," she answers vaguely but it feels enough for me. "He's... We call him Darkling—don't ever tell him, though."

As the Asian chatterbox giggles, I ponder her statement. I almost smile for that sounds like Adrian indeed. But deep inside some fear finds refuge at the thought of many submissive here who must be ready to do anything to please him with unspeakable things I wouldn't dare to try.

"But when you hear a sub addressing a Dom as 'Master' without a name, that means he's her Dom," the Asian continues, disrupting a pile of thoughts congested in my brain with the sight of her lips bunching together to perfect the lip gloss. "Spot the difference there?" She's done with her makeup, I believe, with a sated smile on her oval face.

"Yeah," I reply.

"Oh, and something important. We got red and yellow ribbons over here." She shows me a small basket carrying long, satin ribbons. "Wear red if you already have a dom, because it means you're taken."

"Um, okay?" I utter skeptically.

"Wear yellow if you're searching for a dom."

"Why? Are there people searching for Doms here?"