Chapter 2

6 years later

*Quinns Pov*

"Oh, it feels good to be back..."

I stretch after getting off my plane.

I was forced to leave my hometown at the age of 12.

After many years, 6 to be exact, I was finally back home.

I hated America and couldn't figure out why on earth my parents made me move there.

The school was terrible, the new house was terrible, the people were terrible, everything was terrible, especially because she wasn't there.

I had heard that many things had changed from when I left to now from my other childhood friend, Yuga Aoyama.

"OH MON AMIIIII~" I snap out of my thoughts when I hear a familiar voice.

"Yuga, how have you been?" I ask as I am engulfed in a big hug, causing me to flinch.

I'm not used to physical contact like this...

"I've been good! How about you?" he asks, backing away and I roll my eyes.

"Just Greaaaat..." I reply sarcastically, and he laughs.

"Are you excited to be living with me?" he dramatically points to himself and I chuckle.

"For now, yeah, at least until I find a better place," I reply and he jumps up and down giddily, before he grabs my arm, and drags me off.

When we arrive at where I will be living, I stare at Yuga in shock.

"How the hell can you afford this??" I ask and he chuckles.

"My job pays very well~" he winks at me and I look back at the house. Eventually, the two of us go inside and I am shocked even more.

"Duuuuuude... Where do you work?" I look at him again and he puts his finger to his lips.

"That is something for another time mon ami." I roll my eyes and explore.

After getting settled in I heard my name being called from downstairs.

"Dinner timeeeee~" I hurry downstairs, and I am met with a delightful sight.

"Bon appetit~" Yuga exclaims as I take in the sight.

There was a cheese platter, bowls of katsudon, and rice balls.

"Damnnnn this looks good," I say as I sit down.

"Itadakemas" I quickly said before digging in.

After we both get finished eating we sit there and talk.

"So you're finished with school now right Quinn?" He asks and I nod.

"Yep! What about you?" he shakes his head.

"Not quite yet, I'm almost done though." he looks at me.

"You got a job here yet, maybe you could be a hero?" I shake my head.

"Since I left and didn't go to school here technically I can't..." I replied, chuckling.

"I didn't want to be one anyways, I always seem to get into trouble when a hero should do the opposite." He chuckles.

"I have someone you could talk to, not about being a hero... but doing what I do." he pokes around his plate with his chopsticks and I look at him confused.

"What do you do?" I ask after a few minutes and he sighs.

"I'm a mole." he looks at me.

"A mole?" I ask, and he nods.