Chapter 5

*Quinns Pov*

In the morning I woke up in my bed, confused about how I got there.

I slowly drag myself into a sitting position.

I look at my phone to see that it is only 7 in the morning.

"I have an hour till I need to be at work..."

I get out of my bed, and drag myself out of my room, sluggishly walking downstairs.

"Morning Yuga..." I barely manage to yawn out, stretching.

"Morning Mon Ami!" I hear him reply as I go to the fridge and pull out the Orange Juice.

"Dude, what happened last night?" I ask after closing the fridge, opening random cabinets, and looking for a glass.

"You passed out at the table, and I had to carry you up to your room..." he trails off and I can feel him staring at me.

"I must've been tired..." I say finally finding a glass.

I look at him after I finish pouring the juice.

"So what did you do for the rest of the night?" I ask, taking a sip of the juice.

"Oh... well... I just watched a movie." he replies a little hesitantly, and I arch my brow at him.

"Ok?" I reply confused, finishing off the drink.

"Well, I got to get ready for work..." I break an awkward silence, before rushing upstairs to get ready.

Time seems to drag slowly throughout the day.

Also, something felt incredibly off.

I was just sitting there behind the counter, Kaibara was off today, and Pony was doing hero work, so it was just me there.

Everything was going good, a few people here, a few people there, but towards the middle of the day that's when I started feeling weird.

I constantly feel on edge as if I am being watched, and I hear a giggle here or there, and it is making me very anxious.

All I had to do was get through the day, I had two more hours left and the number of people coming in and out of the cafe was very few.

I look at my watch when I feel the feeling again and see that it is now 6:00.

Usually I would be getting off at this time but Mina had asked me to stay till 8.

"I wish this fucking weird ass feeling would go away..." I mutter to myself as I hear the door bells jingle.

"Hey, how can I help y- '' I stop talking when I feel the hairs on my arms rise up.

I glance up to see no one is there.

"What the fuck...?"

I look around confused as I swear I heard the bell ring.

"Quinn is everything alright out here?" Mina peeks her head out of her office, eyeing me warily.

"Yeah sorry... I guess the wind blew the door open..." I reply looking at the door.

"Alright well I've decided we are gonna close early so you can go ahead and head home!" she replies grinning.

"Oh Alright See you tomorrow Mina..." I say with a slight smile, excited to be getting off at the normal time after all.

I grab my black hoodie and the house key from the hanging rack where I place my apron, and walk out of the cafe.

I look at my watch seeing that it is only 6:45.

"Jesus it's dark already?" I ask myself looking up at the darkened sky, as I notice stars starting to appear.